• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

New to me deere 27D.....my first excavator

eganx

So I've just picked up my first excavator, mostly for personal use. Its for 2600 hours, new tracks, some new hydraulic lines, an 18" dig and 36" smooth edge buckets, and seems to be in reasonable condition for an 09.

All the other equipment I own came with manuals, so I'm trying to source manuals for the 27D. I see there is an operators manual and a service manual. I'm would assume the operators manual covers maintenance and the service manual covers overhauls?

I've only owned steel tracked equipment, so what kind of tension do you keep on rubber tracks? I'd imagine its significantly less?

Any pointers y'all can give me specific to this machine.....anything to keep an eye out for? Any notable weaknesses?

Thanks guys!

Rubber tracks are kept significantly tighter than steel tracks.
My machine is U25-3 very similar to yours if you get desprite i can give you my tightening details.
If you have only worked steel tracked machines you will find you must be way more careful operating rubber.
A 12'' bucket would be better for tough digging on that weight machine.

Cheers

eganx

I have about 60 hours operating rubber tracked excavators. I know I've got to be careful on sharp rocks, or anything that might tear up the track.

A 12" bucket is at the top of my list. I need all the digging pressure I can get out of her...

JB Wagner

I just picked up a used Deere 27D excavator, does anyone have an e-version of the operator's manual that they would like to share?

Thanks

RustyShakelford35D

I just got a John Deere 35D and it didnt come with any manuals. I think its a 2011 model. Long arm and extra counterweight. Runs great so far but it has not been used much in the last couple years so I need to go over the entire machine and bring it up to date on maintenance before the weather warms up this spring.

Thanks to anyone who can help!
2659XX+ serial number

craigheadcountytowing at
gmail

Last edited:

tool_king

Occupation
road mechanic owner
I just got a John Deere 35D and it didnt come with any manuals. I think its a 2011 model. Long arm and extra counterweight. Runs great so far but it has not been used much in the last couple years so I need to go over the entire machine and bring it up to date on maintenance before the weather warms up this spring.

Thanks to anyone who can help!
2659XX+ serial number

craigheadcountytowing at
gmail
Manuals are on there way to you .

Telama

I just bought a 2006 Deere 27D excavator at auction, does anyone have a pdf version of the operator's manual that they would share? tool_king?

Thanks

brian at ironcrossproperties.com

tool_king

Occupation
road mechanic owner
I just bought a 2006 Deere 27D excavator at auction, does anyone have a pdf version of the operator's manual that they would share? tool_king?

Thanks

brian at ironcrossproperties.com
Manuals emailed to you .

alco

MwbKaEyDSe6lGdHxj7GfhQ.jpg tool_king, I know this is an old thread, but would you be able to send those manuals for the 27D to me as well please? I picked one a while ago, and still haven't got a chance to get manuals for it.

My e-mail is bmhahn@shaw.ca

Thanks so much.

tool_king

Occupation
road mechanic owner
View attachment 200161 tool_king, I know this is an old thread, but would you be able to send those manuals for the 27D to me as well please? I picked one a while ago, and still haven't got a chance to get manuals for it.

My e-mail is bmhahn@shaw.ca

Thanks so much.
No problem .I just email the manuals to you .Let me know when have them all downloaded and saved to your computer.

joshs

No problem .I just email the manuals to you .Let me know when have them all downloaded and saved to your computer.
Any chance I could get those also. I have a hitachi 27u-2. Pretty much the same as a 27d.

Attachments

• e.jpg
    e.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

tool_king

Occupation
road mechanic owner
Any chance I could get those also. I have a hitachi 27u-2. Pretty much the same as a 27d.
Manuals were emailed to you . Please let me know when you download and save them . If you have manuals to share back please email them to me .
thanks
Ed

tim3250

ED from NJ.... i have purchased a komatsu engine service manual sen04211-03 for the "82" size Myanmar engine, 385 pages, would you like it emailed to you? i also purchased the deere 410G shop manual before i realized a backhoe is no good on my steep property, tim big island, hawaii

tool_king

Occupation
road mechanic owner
ED from NJ.... i have purchased a komatsu engine service manual sen04211-03 for the "82" size Myanmar engine, 385 pages, would you like it emailed to you? i also purchased the deere 410G shop manual before i realized a backhoe is no good on my steep property, tim big island, hawaii
Hi Tim
You can email it to me at tool_king@hotmail.com . Thank you you very much .
Ed