• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

New to me cat 953

New here , just bought my first track loader. It’s a cat 953 serial number 44z00226. What hydraulic oil do I need to use in it. Thanks for any help

Attachments

• 40BF4BCE-88E1-4836-B223-9C910BBC3409.jpeg
    40BF4BCE-88E1-4836-B223-9C910BBC3409.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 50

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Welcome to the Forums M84!

Congrats on the loader from the pic it looks like it's in good shape.

Not 100% certain on the Z serial numbers but my 953C BBX uses 10WT for hydros and hydrostatic trans.

How many hours? Did this machine have a dozer blade on it at one time? Looks like a dozer push arm trunnion welded to the track frame and welded single grouser bars on triple grouser pads. It wouldn't be factory as far as I know but interesting if it did have a blade on it.

Hour meter doesn’t work. It shows 11,xxx
I’ve wondered a lot about the trunnions on it myself. I honestly have no idea. There a few things that have me wonder about the dozer blade possibly being on at one time or if this was some undercarriage available that just so happened to fit and have the right price on it

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
The track frames appear to be factory for the year model so I would wager the trunnions are aftermarket.

JD955SC

The track frames appear to be factory for the year model so I would wager the trunnions are aftermarket.

I have never seen one with dozer style trunions on it that’s wild. I would have liked to see it with whatever was fitted to it attached I bet it was pretty unique.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Hard to see from the photos but the support for the trunnion appears to be welded to the track frame. Some sort of home-brewed modification at a guess. Agree with JD I would have liked to see whatever was mounted on it.

The bars added on just one of the three grousers on each shoe seem to indicate it was used for dozing of some sort.

upload_2021-9-27_10-53-7.png

Last edited: