1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

New to Forum - Just picked up a Yanmar VIO27-2

Discussion in 'Compact Excavators' started by jjaphipps22, Mar 6, 2020.

1. jjaphipps22

jjaphipps22 Member

Hi, I just picked up a 2006 Yanmar VIO27-2 and this is my first mini ex and was wondering if anyone has any info they can share about them. Mostly how do they compare to other brands (I looked at Kubota and Cat) and little quirks they know about. Right now I am having a problem with the front blade drifting/falling and the track motors appearing to be weak. I pulled the hydraulic filter and found some remnant of oring material, so I have been lead to believe I need to replace orings in the swivel joint and I currently have those on order. Any other ideas?

Attached Files:

2. John Canfield

John Canfield Senior Member

Ranching
    Can't help you with your problem but Yanmar has a good reputation, if I had a local Yanmar dealer I would have strongly considered them when shopping for my mini-ex.

3. uffex

uffex Senior Member

Admin
    Good day JJ
    The common component to that issue will be the central joint suggest you check it out with a pressure gauge.
    Kind regards
    Uffex Central joint.png

4. jjaphipps22

jjaphipps22 Member

I have the swivel joint oring and seal kit on order as I found the pieces of oring in the hydraulic filter, once I replace I’ll let you know if that fixes it. Anyone own one of these machines completed this before? Does anyone have the service manual?

5. uffex

uffex Senior Member

Admin
    Good day JJ
    Try appealing to "ToolKing" he has a lot of manuals
    KR
    Uffex

6. jjaphipps22

jjaphipps22 Member

Got the manual online and all signs point to swivel joint, will follow up once I replace orings and seals.

7. jjaphipps22

jjaphipps22 Member

Swivel joint oring and seal kit fixed, blade drift with little to no pressure, drive motor weakness issues, and just in general the machine operates much smoother. For anyone who does this in the future... you will receive 7 orings of two different sizes these get put together in a groove to make a single oring seal in the large grooves of the swivel joint, I think this is a design change from original. The attached photo is the inside of the swivel joint after removal, it was in really bad shape.

Attached Files:

8. jjaphipps22

jjaphipps22 Member

Got her complete and all painted up. Everything on it works now!

Attached Files:

Billrog and John Canfield like this.
  9. uffex

uffex Senior Member

Admin
    Excellent job well done

10. Coastal

Coastal Senior Member

Wow what a mess in there! My blade has started drifting like crazy...wonder if that's my issue too.