• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

New to Forum - Just picked up a Yanmar VIO27-2

jjaphipps22

Hi, I just picked up a 2006 Yanmar VIO27-2 and this is my first mini ex and was wondering if anyone has any info they can share about them. Mostly how do they compare to other brands (I looked at Kubota and Cat) and little quirks they know about. Right now I am having a problem with the front blade drifting/falling and the track motors appearing to be weak. I pulled the hydraulic filter and found some remnant of oring material, so I have been lead to believe I need to replace orings in the swivel joint and I currently have those on order. Any other ideas?

Attachments

• Mini Ex Full.jpeg
    Mini Ex Full.jpeg
    5.3 MB · Views: 54
  • Mini Ex Dipper.jpeg
    Mini Ex Dipper.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 51

John Canfield

Occupation
Ranching
Can't help you with your problem but Yanmar has a good reputation, if I had a local Yanmar dealer I would have strongly considered them when shopping for my mini-ex.

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day JJ
The common component to that issue will be the central joint suggest you check it out with a pressure gauge.
Kind regards
UffexCentral joint.png

jjaphipps22

I have the swivel joint oring and seal kit on order as I found the pieces of oring in the hydraulic filter, once I replace I’ll let you know if that fixes it. Anyone own one of these machines completed this before? Does anyone have the service manual?

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day JJ
Try appealing to "ToolKing" he has a lot of manuals
KR
Uffex

jjaphipps22

Got the manual online and all signs point to swivel joint, will follow up once I replace orings and seals.

jjaphipps22

Swivel joint oring and seal kit fixed, blade drift with little to no pressure, drive motor weakness issues, and just in general the machine operates much smoother. For anyone who does this in the future... you will receive 7 orings of two different sizes these get put together in a groove to make a single oring seal in the large grooves of the swivel joint, I think this is a design change from original. The attached photo is the inside of the swivel joint after removal, it was in really bad shape.

Attachments

• 8C6AB1EE-45E2-491C-9ED4-765C35E6658C.jpeg
    8C6AB1EE-45E2-491C-9ED4-765C35E6658C.jpeg
    90.3 KB · Views: 73

Coastal

Wow what a mess in there! My blade has started drifting like crazy...wonder if that's my issue too.

Michael rehak

I broke the center splined shaft in center of my final drive don't want to buy whole drive any idea were to buy just the shaft in my 2005 vio27-3

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day Michael
From our files it appears that the motor and transmission are listed as one part, I suggest you explore the drive to establish the origin and then approach the supplier, sorry this is the best help I can offer.
Kind regards
UffexTravelMotor.png YanmarSpec.png

Bibendum

Occupation
Millwright
I am looking for a service manual for the same machine, Vio27-2. Is anybody able to provide one?

thanks kindly

will

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day
Message ToolKing he has a good library may be able to help you.
Kind regards
Uffex

Bibendum

Occupation
Millwright
Good day
Message ToolKing he has a good library may be able to help you.
Kind regards
Uffex
Uffex,

When I look up “Toolking” in member search it appears that they have not been active since 2017 and only have two posts. Is this correct?

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day
Im sure I have seen more recent posts but I cannot be certain, I will try with my contact see if I can find you a manual.
Kind regards
Uffex

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day
Did not expect that it would be so easy, sorry about the quality.
Kind regards
Uffex

Attachments

• Yanmar Excavator vio27-2_japan Service Manual + Electrical Wiring Diagrams + Parts Catalog.pdf
    6.2 MB · Views: 9

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day
Kind regards
Uffex

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day
Kind regards
Uffex