• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

New theater site

oakland

COPPA
Occupation
high school
Their is a new theater going in up the hill from my house, they just barely broke ground for it on tuesday and their is already a few pieces of equipment on site. Idaho Sand and Gravel is doing the earthmoving as of right now. Here are a few of the pictures i took today.

Attachments

• Ten Mile interchange 278.jpg
    Ten Mile interchange 278.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 810
  • Ten Mile interchange 284.jpg
    Ten Mile interchange 284.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 809
  • Ten Mile interchange 329.jpg
    Ten Mile interchange 329.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 811
  • Ten Mile interchange 335.jpg
    Ten Mile interchange 335.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 808
  • Ten Mile interchange 340.jpg
    Ten Mile interchange 340.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 811

oakland

COPPA
Occupation
high school
^ditto^ :)

Attachments

• Ten Mile interchange 343.jpg
    Ten Mile interchange 343.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 808
  • Ten Mile interchange 345.jpg
    Ten Mile interchange 345.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 804
  • Ten Mile interchange 356.jpg
    Ten Mile interchange 356.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 813

Steve Frazier

Founder
Staff member
Oakland, not for nothing, but these picture posting sprees of yours are becoming a bit monotonous. The same model machines parked at another job site really aren't any different than any of the other pictures you've posted and use bandwidth here at HEF which is becoming quite an expense. If you see something in your travels that is different and unusual, by all means post it, but common machines parked on a jobsite are old news. Thanks.

qball

Occupation
local 150 operator
man, we just don't see those landscape/skip loaders around here.

oakland

COPPA
Occupation
high school
I see where you are coming from as far as bandwith, i always thought that members enjoyed my pictures rather it was of the "same" pieces of equipment or not. I know this will save bandwith so consider me done, no more whining about having to see the same equipment in more than one thread, no more wasted bandwith, problem solved, see ya!

qball

Occupation
local 150 operator
i wish this could have been settled by p.m. as opposed to calling someone out publicly.

dayexco

all pics are nice.....but really, unless it's a very unique piece of equipment....to post it? oakland's pics are of good quality, but i can go to www.machinerytrader.com and see virtually the same things. equipment sitting idle, doing nothing. i think the category "showtime"...says it all, don't we want to see this equipment in action? see pics of projects we're on? what we're doing? maybe pick up some pointers from these action shots? don't be so quick to beat up the moderator...he just might be reflecting the opinion of many who come here, except he's got the responsibility of maintaining, paying for this site. let's respect his wishes, huh?

and i'll give an example...look at burnout's pics/videos....i've done this stuff all of my 55 yrs...i enjoy seeing how other people do things, i've gotten ideas on different things i want to try....the pics of gee, i can't remember who...who does all the pond cleaning, etc...where the hell rolloverpete go? he always had great action pics...

Last edited:

special tool

Well, I think the problem here is the surprise factor.

I had no idea that posting a lot of pictures would cost money to the host - but now it makes sense. There is a lot of information contained in a digital picture.

Usually these guys warn you privately first - I know I have been "yelled at" via PM.
I am sure Oakland was advised to keep idle pics to a reasonable level via PM first??

dayexco

how the mods handle it is none of my concern....it's "their" forum, i am a guest here....this is an awesome site, and i think we've just been given an awakening as to the owner/mods wishes..our alternatives are to respect those, or move on....how he handles/handled it...is irrelevant at this time.

and trust me, it's NOT my intent to beat up on oakland here at all

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
If you guys want to discuss the pictures that oakland posted in this thread, than this is the thread to have that discussion.

If you'd like to discuss the posting of pictures in general, and how it impacts the site, the thread provided for that purpose is linked a few posts above.

what happened to the public flogging / critique rule

If you're referring back to what I posted a while back...

digger242j said:
On one forum I am a member of, they have a specific thread for "suspensions and bannings", and the Mods and Admin will post the details of why somebody was banned or suspended. Speaking only for myself, I think that practice adds insult to the discipline. Even if somebody does something to get banned or suspended, that's between them and the staff, and there's no point in turning it into a public flogging.

...then you'll note that I was speaking of suspension or banning. This doesn't even remotely resemble that sort of disciplinary action, or really, any sort of disciplinary action.

As for criticism, it comes in a variety of shapes and sizes. Sometimes the entire assembly can learn something from the criticism given to one individual. Sometimes not. I won't speak for Steve on the matter, but I'd bet that he did not expect oakland to take his criticism so much to heart, and that he did not expect that so many of the adult members of the forum would immediately discount any possibility that it was intended as constructive criticism. Personally, I didn't think it was that big a deal, but then, I've been exposed to some pretty harsh critics in my life, so your mileage may vary.

As I said above, if you want to discuss the topic of this thread, the equipment at the new theater site, feel free.

Any discussion of forum policy should take place elsewhere.

dogboneshd

Some members do enjoy Oaklands crisp shots. Seems as though Mr. Oakland will be gone because of the public spanking. Way to go.

This is an informative site. I do appreciate the work that goes into keeping this place afloat.
Your house...your rules. I'm cool with that.

D5G

i wish this could have been settled by p.m. as opposed to calling someone out publicly.

Absolutely agreed qball. I understand the rules, but I think this would have been better handled privately. Sadly, I don't think oakland is going to be making any more posts, which I can also understand. Not the best of situations all around.