• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

New T-Mar Grapple Yarder

DBDLS

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
Well done Tyson and all your crew. It's exciting to see a brand new piece of logging equipment come out of a local Campbell River shop. I wish you many more to follow.

DBDLS

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
There is a good article on the LC550 in the December/January 2015 Logging & Sawmilling Journal. Seems like the owners are pretty happy with the machine.

T-MAR

So the machine exceeded our expectations.

It's been used in a mix of wood. Very quick machine. I spoke with the operator Friday to see how it was going and he said "great! we've been pulling 3 foot tree length cedars all week". Not bad for a 3/4. Variable speed fan is dealing with heat well as it's warming up. Fuel burn is around 10L/hr in typical second growth. Basically starts and runs for them every day.

Changes we've made (fitted to #1 and going forward):
* Auxiliary air compressor. It will be a rotary vane type. We have a predetair in there as a temporary solution but the duty cycle is a bit high for that
* Variable swing pressure up and down - so it feels like a closed loop swing circuit. Works nice
* Seals - namely around doubling roto unions. The copper washer is gone.
* Door latches - those little stainless flappers just weren't going to work. Heavy duty T-MAR ones on there now.
* Software updates to add some features and data logging. The request list keeps growing but it's easy to manage with this layout.

That's kindof it. Lift is good, spooling is good, speed is good, crawler is happy, cooling is good, shifting is nice. #2 is well underway.

Here's the youtube channel where I've been uploading videos

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpgS1tTeQj-4AQzZRZIFIBzU5qHecdZzN

T-MAR

HD Mech

Occupation
Heavy duty mechanic
I was at their yard a couple of months ago and they had one of the new yarders outside so took some pictures. Will post them when I get a chance.

T-MAR

Yup #2 is in Radium and #3 is being built. We're also making some new yarding grapples, testing our grapple camera and working on a bit of a winch assist project. Also have a 6280 that we're upgrading with an electronic cockpit right now