1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

New svl75 rear idler leaking oil?

Discussion in 'Compact Track/Multi Terrain Loaders' started by zeroo, Apr 6, 2021.

1. zeroo

zeroo Charter Member

plumbing contractor
    Noticed this today. It is coming from the rear idler. It smells like motor oil. Not grease and definitely not rear end fluid. What the crap. Easy fix but a pain in the *** trip to the dealer.

Attached Files:

2. zeroo

zeroo Charter Member

plumbing contractor
    Dumb question, are they oil filled? Do they need maintenance, not that mine should need it at 40hr, but I guess it’s not just sealed bearing.

3. lantraxco

lantraxco Senior Member

Typically oil filled, no maintenance, throwaway. Possible being that new it was just overfilled and the heat will push excess oil out if there isn't enough air space to absorb the expansion. Maybe, lol

4. zeroo

zeroo Charter Member

plumbing contractor
    Makes sense. It was the hottest I worked it since I got it.

5. Tags

Tags Senior Member

I would keep an eye on it, if it keeps leaking go right back to the dealer and get yourself a new one under warranty

6. Midnightmoon

Midnightmoon Senior Member

If it's out of waranty you can rebuild those if the bearing isn't shot. They also can be refilled with oil. If oil came out the bearing wont last long

7. zeroo

zeroo Charter Member

plumbing contractor
    Update. Dealer pre ordered part and I’m here getting it changed. I tried to get them to let me bring the bad roller and exchange it.

Tags likes this.
  8. zeroo

zeroo Charter Member

plumbing contractor
    Roller got changed, they had me out in a couple hours.

9. Cpaine

Cpaine Active Member

I have one on a CAT that leaks once in a while, do you have any info on how to re-seal them?

10. lantraxco

lantraxco Senior Member

They're all similar but a little different, usually the way to pull the seal collars off is obvious, will be a pin or snap ring, etc. Your CAT stealer should be able to order the seals, since nobody stocks ANYTHING anymore... You do one side, flip it, fill it half full with lube while it's open, reassemble and install.