1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

New site is up

Discussion in 'Forestry Operations' started by Hallback, Jan 14, 2021.

1. Hallback

Hallback Senior Member

Gyppo tower logger
  2. John C.

John C. Senior Member

Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
    Bookmark added to the box.

DMiller and Hallback like this.
  3. petepilot

petepilot Senior Member

nice site` looked at the google been pretty close to your location a few times on the way out to aberdeen

4. Hallback

Hallback Senior Member

Gyppo tower logger
    Thanks guys!
    We like our little wet corner of the world.

Truck Shop and DMiller like this.
  5. farmerlund

farmerlund Senior Member

Farmer/ excavator
    Nice Picture gallery. Nice web site. I see you have a career button for Junkyard to click. :D

Shimmy1, sled dog, DMiller and 2 others like this.
  6. skyking1

skyking1 Senior Member

Very cool I'll check it out. We drive through Oakville many times on the way to the beach and back. When it gets jammed up around Olympia fort Lewis we just go the back way. I'd rather drive slow single file than hectic multi-lane.

7. Staggerlee

Staggerlee Active Member

Very cool stuff.

The gallery alone was worth the visit, if you mixing pictures of kids and dogs in with Petes and KWs (and lots of others heavy equipment), you're okay in my book.

I'm a big YouTube watcher, DirtPerfect just posted a video of previewing an equipment auction, he took his young son along. Very cool video.

8. Mother Deuce

Mother Deuce Senior Member

Great site! Nice images, the career button is cool. I tried to to push it... but a guy wearing rigging rags just popped up laughing at me!

9. Junkyard

Junkyard Senior Member

Field Mechanic
    Already looked it all over. Know what houses go for around there and everything! Even Truck Shop is pushing me that direction lol.

sled dog, Truck Shop, DMiller and 3 others like this.
  10. Mother Deuce

It rains there, a little... heh heh heh. The landscape has a green quality about it and most days it is not hot enough to melt asphalt! Time to load up!

Truck Shop, DMiller and Hallback like this.
  11. Junkyard

Junkyard Senior Member

Field Mechanic

The climate would be a change for sure. I’ve always been in the Midwest whether down here in OK or up in IL or the great white north of MN. Temps seem more consistent down where I could end up living. Up at elevation I’d imagine things get more interesting.

12. Mother Deuce

Sometimes... It is home for me. I find myself 3500 miles away. Haulback will post a image of a side somewhere on some sidehill... leaves me wanting to pack my rags and cameras and head home.

Truck Shop, DMiller and Hallback like this.
  13. Junkyard

Junkyard Senior Member

Field Mechanic
    Other than in and out making a delivery I’ve never spent much time up there. I’d already be there if not for the kiddos and family here. Those logistics are tough!

14. John C.

John C. Senior Member

Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
    This place is nice if you like algae and fungus. The streams are clear and cold and full of the bugs that cause beaver fever. So many people are moving here from California and surrounding states that houses pop up in tracks faster than mushrooms in the lawn. The houses are stacked together so tight that people live like ants in a hill. The political culture is wacko left on the west side and wacko right on the east side of the state. We have a governor who is the mirror image of the outgoing president who decided he would run for president using the taxpayer's money. We give more rights to criminals, drug addicts and pushers than we do to tax paying citizens.

The scenery is nice here and there is lots of greenery on the west side of the state. It's just the bait to suck you into the trap.

15. JPV

JPV Senior Member

I appreciate all the rain we get, if we didn't EVERYONE would want to live here, it keeps some of them away! It also grows trees like crazy, it's all good.

16. skyking1

skyking1 Senior Member

I've grown accustomed to the not so freaking hot summers here. We'll just not talk about the 4 months starting July 5 that are really too dry. Keep that on the Q.T.

DMiller, Mother Deuce and Hallback like this.
  17. Hallback

Hallback Senior Member

Gyppo tower logger
    Grow baby GROW!!!

18. Truck Shop

Truck Shop Senior Member

star gazer
    The old term for a West Sider---------Moss Back or 206'er.:) Plus one thing was left out----------
    Blackberry vines worse than bamboo-but them berries are good on vanilla ice cream. :)

19. Junkyard

Junkyard Senior Member

Field Mechanic
    Reminds me of what Smokey Yunick used to call mon-backers. The guys on the trash trucks telling the driver cmon back!

Mother Deuce, Hallback and Truck Shop like this.
  20. Truck Shop

Truck Shop Senior Member

star gazer
    Smokey, he was a interesting guy.

Hallback likes this.