• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

New Shape Isuzu 2008+

nickbowers

Hi,
What are peoples experiences with the new isuzu's?
I have heard lots of horror stories and then people saying they have had no issues.
I spoke to an isuzu mechanic and he said the 2010 models onwards are better.

How about the AMT?

Cheers,
Nick

maddog

I can't speak for the 08's mine is older. I can say I would definatley buy another one in a heartbeat. I've never heard anything bad about them from the owners.

nickbowers

I can't speak for the 08's mine is older. I can say I would definetly buy another one in a heartbeat. I've never heard anything bad about them from the owners.

I have heaps of experience with the 07 and previous models. They are extremely reliable trucks and wouldn't hesitate to buy another.
But the 08 onwards have the new emission control crap on them.

The 6he1, 6hh1, 6sd1, 6hk1 is a couple i have lots of experience with and have not had any issues apart from the 275hp version of the 6sd1 we had quite a few issues with several trucks with this engine(from 2003 to 2007)

Micki Smith

I have heaps of experience with the 07 and previous models. They are extremely reliable trucks and wouldn't hesitate to buy another.
But the 08 onwards have the new emission control crap on them.

The 6he1, 6hh1, 6sd1, 6hk1 is a couple i have lots of experience with and have not had any issues apart from the 275hp version of the 6sd1 we had quite a few issues with several trucks with this engine(from 2003 to 2007)
Nick, you still on here?