• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

New service truck

Jeckyl1920

Air ride is worth it if you drive it unloaded a lot. If it's almost always loaded, just get the right springs.

I can't say anything about the reliability... . Sorry.

JPV

One nice thing about air ride with dual leveling valves is it always rides level no matter where you mount things or what you haul, I would recommend it if you can get it. Reliability is not an issue on mine which spends a good deal of time off road.

92U 3406

Occupation
Wrench Bender
One nice thing about air ride with dual leveling valves is it always rides level no matter where you mount things or what you haul, I would recommend it if you can get it. Reliability is not an issue on mine which spends a good deal of time off road.

Bet its a lot more stable with a lot less body roll too.

Reactions: JPV

funwithfuel

Occupation
Mechanic
What are you using for a compressor. I see your dryer sitting above a post cat exhaust pipe. I hope that heat wrap is up to task during regen.
Everything looks great. Fab work looks nice and clean.
Thought you were going 33k. F550 is 20k isn't it?

Last edited:

heymccall

My 337 with the px7 has had a few issues in 80k miles...turbo actuator (electrical), #6 exhaust gasket, DEF doser cleaning, and fuel filter heater melted.

A subcontractor here has f550s. Always has on in for major something...engine, HPOP, transmission, ball joints, etc... enough that I'd never, ever consider a Ford, ever. But, he bleeds blue. :(

shadow2

The 33k truck could not hold all my tool plus hydrlic hose kit and lube skid

So I went with a smaller truck and a trailer for the other stuff I don’t need every day

550 can hold 4K of tools
Trailer holds 20k

Kw is only good for 15k and I would be out of room

funwithfuel

Occupation
Mechanic
I'm not picking on your set-up, just haven't seen a 6.7 powerstroke with a compressor on it. My bud runs a 2017 550 no problem with it at all. He's got about 80k on it.

shadow2

The compressor came with the Kelderman air Suspension kit it’s a 12 V compressor that I had to install

All the factory suspension a mounting brackets had to come off the air compressor that’s in the black box had to get mounted and wired then the air tanks sky wire to the dryer then airlines rancher out the truck then the airbags on the front and rear got put on and then the axles and brakes went back on after that

shadow2

try to figure out how to wire in the lithium battery battery bank separate from the truck battery

was looking at the
perfect switchDual Rectifier, Gen 4.0 600 AMPS

and upgrading to twin 250amp alternator

i was wondering how hard it is to replace the alternator and take the charging wire to the terminal on the perfect switch