• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

New sany sy16c compact excavator update

diver

Occupation
retired
I have owned the machine a about 6 or so weeks,.. Problem after first day.. everything worked great except zero turn radius left or right. The company sent a tech and after a full day working on it ,checking all the hydraulic hose routing , pressure checks and electrical determined it was the steering pedals. he took them off and machine was dead for about two weeks. He came back and replace them and same problem. after a full day again and on and off the phone with sany. Sany determined it was main hydraulic control center.. Yesterday they replaced that and still no zero turn tracks. ( and one messy job for the mechanics and my garage lol ).. Now they want to take machine back and repair it.. I said no unless they can bring me a replacement to use or exchange it for a different one.. Right know i can work it just does not zero turn.. Its a shame because i really like the rig.Its done all i asked except zero turn that i could of used a couple times but made way without it sany.jpg

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day
That's a disappointing start any details as to the problem?
Kind regards
Uffex

oceanobob

Occupation
general contractor
In the pic there seems to be a lot of sandy soil - how does the machine perform with counter-rotate in this material?
The reason I ask: my U17 Kubota will commence the maneuver but once the track captures a lot of the sand, it overcomes the track motor and all action stops .... I have learned to avoid situations involving counter rotation.
Curious if your machine has a lot of power to accomplish the maneuver in the sandy soil.

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
In my mind I can see a lack of engine horsepower being a problem. Does the machine have more than one speed for traveling?

Acoals

Occupation
Jack of all trades/Master of none
I guess I have never run an excavator that you could just shred around in counter rotate, they just don't have the tractive power that skids steers or dozers have. Usually if I need to turn that sharp I just pick up one end of the tracks with the boom and counter the tracks while slewing the house the opposite direction

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
Lack of enough hp to zero turn the machine could be an issue. However, if the tech was out there and replaced components it would seem to me that he felt that the machine was at fault and it wasn't operating at its capacity. My Taki 153's would struggle at times zero turning, and you would need to use the arm to elevate the front of the machine and use the house to help turn the machine. The drives have always been underpowered on the 153 in my opinion. It's hard for anyone that hasn't run this machine to say for sure what it is capable of doing. I would have to trust that the mechanic would know that, but maybe not. If the pressure and flow to the drives is where it should be, I would guess it is running the way it is supposed to be. If you had a bad drive you would notice it in other ways as well, and I doubt you could have both drives being bad without seeing it show itself in drive speed and tracking straight.

John C.

Occupation
With the state of mechanical ability now days and the other issue of it being a Sany, how many really good wrenches can you thing of who would want to work for that dealer? The line is new to this country, mechanics don't really know what the machine is capable of. The other issue I see is that the mechanics are waiting for someone at the factory to tell them what to do instead of figuring it out and making the machine do what the customer wants it to do or telling them they can't have it.
The last though in my mind is that if pressures are set correctly, cycle times are within the specified ranges and the engine rpm draw down is correct, then the machine is working as designed.

diver

Occupation
retired
In the pic there seems to be a lot of sandy soil - how does the machine perform with counter-rotate in this material?
The reason I ask: my U17 Kubota will commence the maneuver but once the track captures a lot of the sand, it overcomes the track motor and all action stops .... I have learned to avoid situations involving counter rotation.
Curious if your machine has a lot of power to accomplish the maneuver in the sandy soil.
The dealer dropped off a machine for me to use while they have sany come to their shop and fix of replace machine. With the rig lifted on its hydraulics the the tracks suspended they will not even counter rotate.. The rig seems to have all the power i need its just that there are times when counter rotation is helpful IMO. The dealer left me the loaner for as long as it takes for sany to fix or replace.. I am very satisfied with that decision .. thnaks

diver

Occupation
retired
With the state of mechanical ability now days and the other issue of it being a Sany, how many really good wrenches can you thing of who would want to work for that dealer? The line is new to this country, mechanics don't really know what the machine is capable of. The other issue I see is that the mechanics are waiting for someone at the factory to tell them what to do instead of figuring it out and making the machine do what the customer wants it to do or telling them they can't have it.
The last though in my mind is that if pressures are set correctly, cycle times are within the specified ranges and the engine rpm draw down is correct, then the machine is working as designed.
The replacement the dealer dropped off for me to use is one of their rentals . Its the same model i bought and it performs great.. Im betting they will replace my machine as they have just about change every hyd valve at sanys request lol

diver

Occupation
retired
Thanks for all the reply's.. The dealer brought me a rental to use ( at no charge) while sany makes up its mind to replace rig or fix it This one works perfectly lol..
I will up date when this is solved ,, thanks all

John C.

Occupation
Super, now you know what it is supposed to be capable of. Now you might consider telling them that you want another new machine. I wouldn’t except that one back.

diver

Occupation
retired
Update.. they fixed my machine and ive been using it for a couple weeks now. It does what is suppose to do and speed seems faster. They said a couple of hyd lines were crossed in the hyd motors valving.. Seems to have a lot more pushing force with the front blade now . Just getting an update out there
thanks all

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day
I suggest you insist on a repair manual including a hydraulic & electric schematic when buying a new machine, trouble shooting with the Schematic even if it means little to you helps us better identify the source of the problems. Hours down the road you may well be on your own to fix the machine dealer support can be expensive, even selling a machine makes a product much easier to dispose of if you have repair information in digital form included.
The cost of that information is very low to a dealer selling machines
Kind regards
Uffex

diver

Occupation
retired
Good day
I suggest you insist on a repair manual including a hydraulic & electric schematic when buying a new machine, trouble shooting with the Schematic even if it means little to you helps us better identify the source of the problems. Hours down the road you may well be on your own to fix the machine dealer support can be expensive, even selling a machine makes a product much easier to dispose of if you have repair information in digital form included.
The cost of that information is very low to a dealer selling machines
Kind regards
Uffex

I do have one now,parts and schematic...

diver

Occupation
retired
UPDATE ............So far 37 hours on machine. No leaks on hydraulics, Machine runs great . I did throw a track in some heavy clay. Was easy to put back on .. Fuel consumption seems high but it has a small tank..Big difference in the digging that i am use to in NH lol. lots of slippery clay here.. I bought machine for home projects so is not used commercially . No idea how machine would hold up 8-10 hours every day..