• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

new ride

Tradesman

Occupation
Contractor
Ha Ha, look at all that white! It was 71deg. here today.

(we are supposed to get snow wednesday though:rolleyes:)

But it was 71 here today. :). I understand something now though, in Canada, the white paint on the crane, is like camo paint color here.......
That reminds me of a joke a John Deere guy told me “ why are case tractors red? So you can find them when they’re broke down in the long hay “

Tradesman

Occupation
Contractor
this dust collector is only 7,000 lbs.
when I was fine tuning the radius looking up at those slow moving wispy clouds I got that split second feeling it was coming over on me. Gets your heart going. Lol
View attachment 210021
For the non crane operators, when your looking up at a suspended load or even just the boom in the air and there are slow moving wispy clouds it looks like it’s your boom moving not the clouds. It’s a scary feeling. The first time I experienced it,it scared the heck out of me, but now it just freaks me out for a split second.

Tugger2

Or if your spooling a lot of line on your drum. Hit the brake and it looks like the drum is still turning. Its caught me a few times.

crane operator

I shouldn't make fun, I didn't have to grow up bilingual, or even learn the metric system. Glad to see you working, I was wondering with the weather how busy you stay in the winter. Couple jobs a week, or busy every day?

Tradesman

Occupation
Contractor
I shouldn't make fun, I didn't have to grow up bilingual, or even learn the metric system. Glad to see you working, I was wondering with the weather how busy you stay in the winter. Couple jobs a week, or busy every day?
Someone’s been feeding you miss information. I had two classes of French in grade seven and eight. I can count almost to 5 and likely recognize no more French than most North Americans, that I picked up watching tv.
Although I can function in both metric and imperial and as a carpenter I’m almost totally imperial. metric is far easier and more logical than imperial.
For me it’s been pretty good I wouldn’t be surprised to not be out at all in the last part of January or any of February, but I’ve been out to 4 or 5 jobs a week, which is enough that I don’t have to dig myself out of a financial hole in the spring. As well my crew of carpenters are busy as usual

Tradesman

Occupation
Contractor
Also- digging the wrap on your A2B chain, got tired of it catching on the keeper pins of the weight didn't you?
Yes that wrap is awesome. Jimmy from the YouTube channel “to the top crane” has it on his and as soon as I saw it I went out and got some hydraulic line guard and life got better.

crane operator

You're previous post was quoted - "For my southern friends, I nice drive to the office last Friday". It reminded me of every Chinese translation to english that I read. And I am the grammar police. You should proof read before you post....

Tradesman

Occupation
Contractor
You're previous post was quoted - "For my southern friends, I nice drive to the office last Friday". It reminded me of every Chinese translation to english that I read. And I am the grammar police. You should proof read before you post....
Oops:rolleyes:
Seems just for me though.
I still have time to edit it but I won’t.
Too late.

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
we got a light dusting of snow today.
View attachment 211763
Well around here in Central NY it's all about location here where I am most of my driveway is clear with only to shallow drifts not worth snow blowing and a lot of the lawn has ends of grass showing. Go 45 miles north and I'm thinking it might be a different story!

Tradesman

Occupation
Contractor
I was at a good clients job today. We set the three dormers that where built on sub floor and filled in the rest of the garage trusses, set the I beams for the back deck and stood the tall wall. I’ll be back early next week to finish the house trusses.
E973EAA2-8471-414C-8188-C1491C70F96C.jpeg 4DC91C60-6844-44C5-9FB1-CD144289B9DE.jpeg 3B712DE8-E3D2-4865-A926-DD60A8EFBF9B.jpeg

Natman

I like those type projects, where you know you're going back in a few days, kinda like a money in the bank feeling. I did the same last week,soot up walls etc., going back today to set trusses.

Last night, after the Wells Fargo bank closed, I did a quick HVAC lift, then walked 20' to the night slot to make a deposit, as it's my bank anyway, and then drove 100 yards to the grocery store I frequent and got a weeks worth of groceries. As I live way out of town it's handy to be able to do a job and also run some errands! My under bed rigging boxes work for hauling groceries also.