• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

New Ride Part Deux

old-iron-habit

Occupation
Retired Cons't. Supt./Hospitals
About the closest thing we had at the quarry were a couple different "carry decks".

First one was a Drott that looked like this one:
View attachment 199271
Then that one was moved to another quarry in the state when they were doing some major updating of their plant and we then got one of these:
View attachment 199272

One thing I liked about the Drott was it had one of the Case 188 Diesel engines just like many of the 1845 skid-steers we had at the time.
The Broderson had a Ford gas engine that was a dual fuel set-up but the propane side was not usable due to problems before we got the machine. I slowly removed 90% of the propane parts and it did run okay but not as good as the Case 188!

The swingout jib was handy at times on the Broderson. But neither were too good in the rougher parts of the quarry.

The papermills and taconite processing plants use a lot of these Brodersons. They work very well inside the plants on the flat concrete floors and have a lot of lift for there size. About all you see is propane powered ones. I can see where they could be a handful in rougher terrain.

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
The papermills and taconite processing plants use a lot of these Brodersons. They work very well inside the plants on the flat concrete floors and have a lot of lift for there size. About all you see is propane powered ones. I can see where they could be a handful in rougher terrain.
I liked having the Broderson and the other carry-deck around the shop. As I was most of the time working alone I could often position the little crane and reach the controls from outside to make fine adjustments to the position of the item I was lifting. Also they took up little floor space in the shop.

HATCHEQUIP

That's Towzer the only reason hed bite is if you had a biscuit in your pocket.

I liked having the Broderson and the other carry-deck around the shop. As I was most of the time working alone I could often position the little crane and reach the controls from outside to make fine adjustments to the position of the item I was lifting. Also they took up little floor space in the shop.
They are handy.
Just thought of this but I guess that's another line of the terex cranes that want be sold new in the US