• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

New Models

hepcbucyrus

I'm just new to the forum, and I'm not sure if this fits in under this title or not, but I'm wondering if anyone knows of a Champion road grader model. I have been looking everywhere, but can't find one. Does anyone know if they are made. I've only just started to get back into collecting some of the diecast models, after being away from it for about 20yrs.

Bellboy

COPPA
Occupation
Student
Now somebody needs to come up with a modern pushcat.....although, I'd love to see one of the EMD products DD9G's teamed up with a 657G, push-pull or not! Vintage correct or not. Hey, it's MY reality....
Now, when is somebody going to step up and make a 666?
alan627b

Not meaning to be mean, or rude, or facetious, but where I come from that last number sequence is bad luck. Real bad juju:ban. Just bad karma. And to add insult to my ignorance, what is that anyway?

stretch

Occupation
gopher
Bellboy, the 666 was Cat's biggest scraper aside from the 657's and the 660. The 666 and 660 were setup with a 4-wheel tractor unit pulling the scraper, like some of the old Euc's and the Cat DW-series.

Hepcbucyrus, I can't think of anyone that makes a Champion model. I'd definitely buy it if it was out there.

JDOFMEMI

Bellboy

The 666 he is referring to is the model number of the largest Cat scraper, made from 1963 till 1969, then as a 666B from 1969 till 1978. It was a 6 wheeler, and rated at 54 cy heaped capacity. twin engine, and 950 horsepower. They were also the fastest Cats, and were capable of 42 MPH loaded. It is a legend in the scraper community.
The current scraper king, the 657G, is still at 950 horses, and "only" 44 cy heaped capacity, and a top speed loaded of "only" 33 MPH