1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

New member to the scene.. Wanted to share a few pics with everyone.

Discussion in 'Showtime!' started by PineTreeAssassin, Jun 24, 2017.

1. PineTreeAssassin

PineTreeAssassin Well-Known Member

This is a new house site clearing job. Its being done in 3 phases. First job was putting in access, second phase clearing the entire property with a select few trees left, and the 3rd phase will be road building with house pad.

Attached Files:

2. PineTreeAssassin

Sorry, didn't realize i could only post 4 pics at a time. Rookie right here, haha. Will add the pics of Dirt Work once it's completed

Attached Files:

3. PineTreeAssassin

Now time for Seeding!

Attached Files:

4. hvy 1ton

hvy 1ton Senior Member

Good stuff, Assassin. Just a heads up, if you hit insert inline after uploading pics they will post as large pics instead of thumbnails.

5. PineTreeAssassin

Thanks a lot man, I appreciate it!

6. farmerlund

farmerlund Senior Member

Farmer/ excavator
    Do you grade all that out buy hand (no GPS) with the little dozer? Looks perfect. Nice work.

7. fast_st

fast_st Senior Member

IT systems admin
    I'm jealous, not a rock in sight

8. PineTreeAssassin

Thanks Farmerlund! Yes sir, no gps on the little 650j. I let my volvo 160 excavator do most of the heavy work, and use the 650 for pushing, raking, and then grading. Just like every tool on a job, it has it's place where you can rock and roll with it pretty good. Hoping to add a 750ish size machine though.

9. PineTreeAssassin

Definitely no rock here! Only trouble we have here is ground stability. It stays wet wet wet wet here. It's a major struggle because it rains so much down here, being so close to the gulf.

10. farmerlund

farmerlund Senior Member

Farmer/ excavator
    I sold my 650H and got a 700J with a ripper a few years ago. I really like the 700J. Quite a bit of difference in pushing power.

11. PineTreeAssassin

I've heard a lot of good things about the 700! My buddy has 700j with a 210 volvo setup. It's a sweet setup. Only thing that scares me about the 700 is(and this is according to a good friend of mine who is a john deere mechanic) they see the 700's have more issues out of final drives than any other model. He also did say that most of their customers who had issues with theirs, happen to be loggers, who are well known for abusing the heck out of their equipment. I'd like to see what some grading contractors had to say about theirs.

12. farmerlund

farmerlund Senior Member

Farmer/ excavator
    Ha, that's kind of funny I have a Volvo 210 also. My 700J has 5200hrs so far and have not had any problems yet. I am second owner. mine was used mostly for grading with the gps setup on it. Had 4700 hrs on it when I got it. I would think logging would be harder on it than grading. Mine is also a XLT not a LGP. not sure if that makes a difference in final drive wear.

13. PineTreeAssassin

NIce! I'm jealous man! Im sure they took great care of it. I seen a guy the other day and he said that they got 12k hours out of their 700h series. Only major repair was one final drive. I'm sure you'll get plenty of life out of yours. Do you have any pics posted yet buddy?? Love seeing everybody's fleet.

14. farmerlund

farmerlund Senior Member

Farmer/ excavator
  15. Landclearer

Landclearer Senior Member

That is some great looking work! Nice to see someone take so much pride in there clearing. Keep posting!

CM1995 likes this.
  16. PineTreeAssassin

17. PineTreeAssassin

Thanks a lot buddy, I really appreciate the positive words man! I love seeing the transformation of a piece of ground, although i can be a little o.c.d. at times with my work, it pays off when i see the customer's reaction. Makes all the extra effort worth it. Since i'm a rookie on this site, should i keep posting my pics under the same thread, or do you guys post your work under a new thread every time??

18. Junkyard

Junkyard Senior Member

Field Mechanic
    Looks good. I'd just keep your thread going and update as you complete jobs or break something :)

19. PineTreeAssassin

Haha.. Thanks Junkyard! One thing is for certain, something will get broken in this biz. Especially the wallet! lol

20. PineTreeAssassin

Before pictures of a drainage ditch clearing job for a chicken farm. Pretty Hard ground in this area here. IMG_1732.JPG IMG_1736.JPG IMG_1730.JPG IMG_1729.JPG