• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

New Machine

Poolman

Just received a "new" excavator this week. :) It's a 2001 Volvo 140 with 2265 hours. It has a long stick 9' 10", a 15' boom, a geith 36" bucket & 24" tracks. It will be great for our business we install gunite pools and do all associated site work/landscaping around said pools. In the past I've sub'd out the dirt work, but this past year I bought a Bobcat T190 loader and rented excavators allowing us to do everything in house. Just wanted to share the good news. I sign the papers tomorrow. This is a great web site. Catch you later. Poolman.

Last edited:

dayexco

CONGRATS!!

as you'll discover, it's the only business where you start at the top and work your way down

xkvator

We like pictures...not only the machine, but of the pools...and it's ok if any girls are sittin' around the pool, too :naughty

littledenny

Occupation
Owner, 2Vets, LLC
dayexco said:
as you'll discover, it's the only business where you start at the top and work your way down

Not to get off topic here- but I've got a point of order!

Years ago, while working myself through school, I used to build steel grain bins. That, too, is a job that starts at the top and works down.

Learned the hard way to keep the hardhat on. Set mine down one day, the guys screwed it to the grain bin roof, and I eventually had to do a bit of climbing to retrieve it.

Occupation
Local 150 Operating Engineer
I had to earn the right to operate the newer equipment when I started out. I ran some real junk but it made me a better operator. The first contractor I worked for bought most of his iron at the junk auction. They had some newer stuff but the older operators got those. I am lucky now with the contractor I work for now buys everything new. Even the older stuff is well maintained well. They sell everything at 12000 hours.