1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

New machine pictures

Discussion in 'Compact Wheel Loaders' started by dustmaker, Jul 19, 2008.

1. dustmaker

dustmaker Member

Manager commercial cabinet shop
    New machine delivered yesterday, here is some photos. The ride control is awesome, love the clean cab and air.
    Paul

Attached Files:

2. dustmaker

dustmaker Member

Two more.

Attached Files:

3. Bellboy

Bellboy COPPA

Student
    Ag, sweeeet. That is the Bell equivalent of the L705D. As far as I know, its made by Liebherr.

I really love that little machine. What you going to use it for?

Last edited: Jul 19, 2008
  4. 95zIV

95zIV Senior Member

RR Contractor Super.
    Is that the little beast with the rear axle that turns too? I ran a one of those that did that on a power substation that the company I worked for was doing and the maneuverability of it was awesome, just took some time to get used to how fast it turned.

5. coopers

coopers Senior Member

That's a great looking loader! I see you're from WA, what area? I'm in King County. I like how the bucket rolls so far back, that's nice! I don't think I've ever seen a 244 at any Pape's, Mt. Vernon or Kent. Be sure to share more photos at your convenience.

6. jimmyjack

jimmyjack Senior Member

nice pics, hows the toyota like the weight seems like alot to me for a tacoma

7. tonka

tonka Senior Member

Equipment Operator
    We had a 244J at my old job in Cali the worst thing to get used to the the forward and reverse button on the joystick.... does your have the radio opption? the A/C in ours went out all the time to....

8. cat320

cat320 Charter Member

They delivered that with a toyota? now I have not seen one that tows that much weight yet the trailer alone has to be around 3k lbs pluse machine weight.

Good luck with that 244 she looks nice .

9. N.CarolinaDozer

N.CarolinaDozer Senior Member

Heavy Equipment Operator
    nice machine!:drinkup

10. Dirtman2007

Dirtman2007 Senior Member

Heavy Equipment Operator
    That was the first thing I noticed... seems like a lot of weight for that size truck:eek:

Anyways congrats on the new loader!

11. dustmaker

dustmaker Member

Thats my Tundra and trailer in the photo. The trailer is 3,300lbs, I'm still looking for a truck to pull the new loader. I do use the Tundra to pull my Power-trac 1445 on that trailer at about 7,500 lbs gross. I was just testing the weight center to see how I will have to load the 244J, it is sitting on the jack, truck was just to stabilize the trailer. They do deliver those on a 14,000 lb skid steer trailer behind a one ton truck. The machine will be used for construction, landscaping and general utility, snow plowing, mowing with a flail mower etc. I wanted to downsize from my wa180 and up-size my utility tractor. Air conditioned cab was a must have. I am in Spokane Washington. I put about 6 hours on the machine today, works fantastic. The ride is much better than my Komatsu. Seams a lot easier to fill the bucket also, was a little concerned about the 1.4 yard bucket on this size machine but no problems so far with stability or loading. The turning ability is fantastic, not a skid steer certainly but much more nimble than my larger loader. It seams like I am already moving as much dirt as with the larger machine due to easier bucket fill, faster travel speeds, titer turning.

Paul

Attached Files:

12. Bellboy

Bellboy COPPA

Student
    Interesting where they put the fuel tank. Is that your or factory installed. I want one!!

13. dustmaker

dustmaker Member

That is the factory fuel tank location. Liebherr does not sell the small stereo steer loaders in the US, as not to compete with Deere I guess. In the Liebherr literature I noticed they offer a large tool box as an option installed on the left side opposite the fuel tank, I probably would have opted for that had Deere offered it. I could check and see if one could be ordered from Liebherr but it would probably cost too much.
    Paul

14. dustmaker

dustmaker Member

Deer calls this there site pro. Its a universal skid steer QA adapter. I am planing on using a fair amount of skid steer attachments. The ones that don't have to be as heavy duty anyway such as a flail mower.
    Paul

Attached Files:

15. MXZ

MXZ Well-Known Member

Very nice machine and nicely equipped as well. I think the versatility of the skid steer coupler will prove to be a good choice. Thanks for all the pics. Always fun to see new iron, especially something a little out of the mainstream.

16. coopers

coopers Senior Member

So are there two "spikes" or pins that come down on each side that hold the attachment on? I'm guessing it's hydraulic driven and not manual like some skidsteers? Who are you using for a snow plow on that machine?

17. MDD

MDD Active Member

We rented a 244 for a couple months. I thought at first I was gonna love it. but after tramming with it, I changed my mind. SLOW!!!!! even empty that thing wont go up a hill that quick. The little dude will go anywhere though.

I wanna try out that 344J, but I cant find any in the USA for sale anywhere.

TONKA, I have to disagree with you on the joystick forward and reverse. That is an awesome and easy to use feature. We rented a 624J for a summer and really got to like its setup the same way.

18. Bellboy

Bellboy COPPA

Student
    Not used a lot here, but I'm going to change that when I can! HAHA!!

19. tonka

tonka Senior Member

Equipment Operator
    We have a WA 70 where i work now and it also has the forward and reverse on the joystick and i have grown used to it and like it.

20. ArtieT

ArtieT New Member

Dustmaker - Any pics of the attachments you are going to run? Flail mower etc? I sure could use machine like that on the farm!!!!