• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

New Kubota SVL75-2

JS300

Occupation
Power Plant and Cattle
After looking for a good while finally bought a new SVL75-2 with cab and air yesterday to use on the ranch. Wondering if anyone has any recommendations on these machines. I’ve never owned a track skid steer before so was wondering how often to change the oil in the drives. We also have a local welding shop that builds a really nice heavy duty guard that goes around the back of the machine to protect the engine cover. He gets $1,200 for the full protection package on the SVL95-2 which has a DEF guard and aux hydraulic guard. Thinking about seeing if he will build one for the 75. Do y’all think this is needed or not? I’ve also read about removing some plates to keep stuff from piling up in the loader arms, is this correct?

Last edited:

OTG AuGres

Occupation
Hobbiest - Forestry and Wildlife Management
Congratulations...watching this thread. Looking to add a CTL to my equipment in the next 6-12 months. Your Kubota and the Bobcat 650 are on my list. From a weight perspective, that’s about as heavy as I want to go. Plus they both seem to have a useable high flow option. Like you, I’m not a professional. I’ll be using it on my hunting property to compliment my mini-ex and tractor. Curious as to your reason for going with the Kubota, and looking forward to hearing about it’s performance and reliability as time goes on. Enjoy.

JS300

Occupation
Power Plant and Cattle
I liked several things about the Kubota over the other units I looked at but the two main things that sold me were being able to run it with the door up and I have a great Kubota dealer. I like the size of the Kubota and the bigger cab too. I’ve had 3 kubota tractors from 50-100 hp and other than a recent lightning strike never had an issue so figured I would stick with them. They let me demo one and I was really surprised at the performance of it compared to the tire skid I have been running. Oh yea another thing I was on the fence about but really think it will be better in the long run was how simple the switches and stuff are on the Kubota. Some of the others have the digital display and keyless start which is nice until it goes out and cost you $3-4 grand to replace.

Tags

Congrats on your purchase, I hope it treats you well. I've been very happy with my 90-2. It has about 1000 or so hours now and besides some emissions related equipment that was replaced by kubota, it has been great. An impressively fast and strong unit as far as I'm concerned. I change my final oil every 200 hours or so, it's easy and cheap insurance to protect the finals. My suggestion with your unit is run it at just about full throttle and don't let it idle and the emissions controls should stay happy....

JS300

Occupation
Power Plant and Cattle
A1B86858-1D84-4887-9424-F839FD4B5CA0.jpeg E8B356D7-917E-4477-94B5-7BF7AE3794C9.jpeg AF05F370-38E3-4943-A901-511485A76514.jpeg The pics above are of the rear guard I’m thinking of adding. What do y’all think?

Thanks that’s good advice on the finals. I have a M9960 and the harder you run it the less it regens.

Tags

If you're going to be in the woods a lot I would not hesitate to get that guarding on your machine. The only other question would be how much does it add weight wise if you're limited to the trailer you may move it on.

JS300

Occupation
Power Plant and Cattle
I think I will be ok on weight. I hadn’t thought about that though. I will find out what it weighs, probably will add to the tipping load which will be good.

OTG...It was late last Friday when I finally decided to buy so I don’t hzve it yet. They are putting an air ride seat, mirror, and radio in today so it should be delivered Tuesday...unless I have them drop it at the welding shop for the rear guard. I’ll post some pics soon though.

JS300

Occupation
Power Plant and Cattle
03B7F1A9-77F4-4028-B99A-BBF2BF562254.jpeg 52E880CC-8BD1-4840-B9ED-F005C6A10423.jpeg 43EB2CCD-7DE3-4B01-BCE7-8CA345214D5D.jpeg The dealer delivered today, I was expecting it tomorrow. I was able to run it for about 2.5 hrs moving a dirt pile behind my house. I was moving the dirt across a cattle guard to a spot that needs a culvert about a 1,000’ away. The power to dig into the pile was great and the 2 speed helped with the long haul. I’m really not sure if tracks or tires ride better yet. So far I am very happy and the ISO controls are easier to get used to than I expect. Think I’m going to carry it to the welding shop next Monday to add the rear guard.

JS300

Occupation
Power Plant and Cattle
Dropped it off for the guard today. No not part of any closure. Hopefully anyway. You never know nowadays what can happen

JNB

Occupation
Flyin' low and rollin' slow...
Congrats on the new ride JS! The SVL75 is a very strong and reliable machine and you're going to love it.

Glad to see yours has the block style tracks. We rented a 95 to compliment our 90 on a job and I wasn't impressed with the new directional tracks at all. They spin too easily and ride rough.

JS300

Occupation
Power Plant and Cattle
Thanks JNB. I moved dirt for about 6 hrs with it and really like it and I am getting used to the controls.

Good to hear that about the tracks. Given the choice I would have went with the other style without knowing.

Dozerboy

Occupation
Operator
Keep the floor clean. The foot throttle get stuck wide open all the time on ours other wise.

Georgia Iron

Occupation
Concrete building slab and grading contractor
Yes. The machine looks nice. How has it done with stalling under load?

JS300

Occupation
Power Plant and Cattle
I really haven’t had much time to run it, been working at the real job too much. All I’ve done is move a big pile of top soil thats been piled behind my house for a few years. It didn’t stall out but could have better bucket force. I expected that though by looking at the specs. Seems to have plenty power running into the pile.

JS300

Occupation
Power Plant and Cattle
B2FE8DC0-8933-4A7A-B355-1FD89AD9651F.jpeg 160D2B81-5FF1-4E7A-9797-2D63A1A98F5E.jpeg BA49F5B4-42EE-4549-8A05-26530C8565F9.jpeg Finally got time to pick it up from welding shop. I’m happy with how it turned out.