1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

new job...any tips

Discussion in 'Excavators' started by gasfield315c, Dec 28, 2010.

1. gasfield315c

gasfield315c Well-Known Member

build gaswell locations in the steeper than a mule
    well its been a while since i posted, but the gas industry finally took a $h1+ here, and i got laid off from doing what i have done since i got outta high school, building roads, right-of-ways, and wellsites, but i got a new job on a surface mines here. I tried out on a 400 komatsu, and even though that is a small hoe for them, its big compared to what im used to, i also tried out on a 10R, and a 785 truck, i have never ran iron that big, seemed like it was pretty straight forward, just bigger, any tips to keep production up, not tear anything up, so on so on.....

2. stock

stock Senior Member

We have moved on and now were lost....
    Keep your eyes open,
    keep your nose clean,
    and definitely
    keep your mouth shut.....................

do these and you will be fine

3. qball

qball Senior Member

local 150 operator
    pin it to win it.
    oh, also, pack a big lunch:)

4. Aussie Leroy

Aussie Leroy Senior Member

stock, I second that, it's the politic's that turn good into bad!!!!!! good luck gasfield315c hope all goes well. Leroy

5. gasfield315c

thanks for the input fellers...hopefully all goes well with the new job, only thing i will definately miss for sure is the company truck, its really nice to have a company furnish you a pickup and gas

6. traxx61

traxx61 Member

keep an eye on the old timers , they give up there secrets with out ever talking about them , just pay attention , and try it the way they do it , then develop your own system

7. gasfield315c

well i'll try to do my best, first day is tomarrow, they are gonna put me on a D10 for now, i hope a hoe position opens up though

8. xcmark

xcmark Senior Member

construction
    Hemroid cream........ and dont fall into the gosip hen part B.S.

9. jd700

jd700 Member

thats really kool i would kill for an opp. like that except we dont do a whole lot of mining in OR haha but i would say just keep doing what you are doing just bigger toys i would think.....good luck