• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

New Holland skidsteer boom not lifting

callawaycustom

I have a 2005 new holland ls180 boom that stopped lifting. Tilt, grapple and wheels work. On the control valve next to foot pedals it has 2 relief valves. The one in the back I pulled and seems fine which I think that is the one for the tilt and grapple. The one in the front I pulled and it has a little sliver of metal that caught between one of the end holes causing it to stick open. I would guess this is why boom is not working. Can I clean this and put it back together. The biggest concern is where did it come from and do I need to worry about contaminating oil. Thanks

callawaycustom

This is a pedal machine. They do both move like they should. They do have safety solenoids on them to lock. Both working.

callawaycustom

All pin seem fine and not frozen. I do grease everytime I use it. I do see that one of the relief valves have metal keeping it stuck open. Just wondering if I clean this am I good or do I have bigger problems.

Tyler d4c

All pin seem fine and not frozen. I do grease everytime I use it. I do see that one of the relief valves have metal keeping it stuck open. Just wondering if I clean this am I good or do I have bigger problems.
May be good or you may have a pump or something coming apart.