• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

New holland lx465 no dispay no start after long road trip

LyonsFarm

I have a lx465 with 4500 hours in it.

It ran great back in Wisconsin. I put a few hours on it last week. All was good.

I put it on a trailer to drive it to maine and when I got here the display would not light up upon sitting down or upon turning the key. It starts and moves in service mode but with no boom of course. Will not run in 'run' mode.

Any quick places to look? I did a quick check of all fuses top and back. What could have poped loose while on the trailer that would cause the display to quit?

Thanks.

murphy777

Occupation
mason/landscaper
My lx565 will do that sometimes....flipping the run/service toggle switch while it is running fixes mine, also check the seat pressure sensor. its a little sensor under the seat that lites up the display panel when you sit down, I replaced mine because it would not register that I gotten up and the display would stay on and drain the battery. Also check the seat belt safety connection fuse/wiring/contact points, on my machine it has been bypassed with a toggle switch because it went faulty a long time ago...
good luck

stovein

Starter interlock relay will go out quick but panel still will light somewhat. You didn't have a wrench or glove in the cab that jiggled under the seat during the trip so the switch wont work?

LyonsFarm

Where is the starter interlock?

The panel sometimes tries to light, flickers a second.

There is a clicking from under the seat near ones feet. I was chasing wires in the cold and found a pair that comes from the seatbelt retraction side (left when sitting on the seat) to nowhere and thought that was odd.

I temp-bypassed the seat pressure sensor (two of them?) and had the same results.

Anyone have service manuals for these machines?

GapPowerWilly

Occupation
Equipment Rental
seat belt switch

I was having to mess with my LX465 this morning in the 10 deg cold, had some of the same stuff you were having. My guess is you have a bad seat belt switch. now you can't just bypass it by cutting and joining the 2 wires ..........since you would then have to some how disconnect and reconnect the 2 wires each time you start it up. The easiest way is to just mount a simple toggle switch between the 2 wires. Then you start the diesel and you should hear the seat belt warning. Toggle the switch off and on once and you're in business.

I used this setup for a long time. This morning I was having a humdinger of a time finding the problem till I realized my toggle switch had gone bad.

Don't bypass or put a switch on the seat sensor switch though or you might get a battery drain going on.

I had no luck finding a wiring diagram but I'm pretty sure this diesel has an ECM (electronic control module) complete w/ electronic fuel pump so you will never be able to reduce the whole thing to a battery, switch and starter........that is a real bummer, sorry.

Good luck.

stovein

in the engine room fuse box the starter interlock relay is in the center left of the fuses, lower two relays are starter and preheat. I have the manual on pdf for 160-170 and the operators manual for 665 and as far as I can see they are basically the same . If i can figure out how to post it or even one page here i will soon but not today. No time right now.

LyonsFarm

90% sure it's the panel. Bought the electric service PDF and traced for voltage at the panel.

Checked pin voltage. All checked out. Also maybe jumped a wire so I could clean out the barn. New panel should be here shortly.

nicholai

How did things turn out? I have been trying to figure out the same thing on my lx465. It will often just click when I try to start it in "run." It will start in service. Sometimes it lets me switch back from service to run, sometimes it sounds an alarm and I need to start over. If you have made some progress, I would be very interested. Thanks.

LyonsFarm

It was/still is a bad display (system computer thingy). Its hotwired and running fine. Haven't put an hour on it since (not on the clock that is).

~John