• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

New Holland LX 885 Aux HYD Circuit Help?

farmkid16_2002

Occupation
Diesel Tech, Welder Fabricator
I just purchased a lx885. It has 2 speed and high flow on it according to the decals anyway. Im trying to run a 4n1 bucket on it. When it is connected to the aux hyd lines I can get the bucket to open by moving the lever on the (right joystick handle) to the left. But when I try to close the bucket it will not close when lever is moved back to the right? I can get it to close when moved to right and lightly feathering the boom down pedal like the hyd oil is not returning out of the circuit but also when I do that and tilt the bucket forward it opens telling me there is no oil to clamp the bucket shut? The linkage on the right stick has some play and have tried to adjust that as Dealer told me to try that first but can not get the rod end swivel loose at the top even with a torch heating to try to break loose even with a enclosed cab. Pump does not sound like it is powering the return circuit. On this machine is the supply to male disconnect and the return is the female like on CAT machines?? Or is this setup only a single supply circuit? Thanks for the help I do not have a service manual yet.

TF Pace

I just purchased a lx885. It has 2 speed and high flow on it according to the decals anyway. Im trying to run a 4n1 bucket on it. When it is connected to the aux hyd lines I can get the bucket to open by moving the lever on the (right joystick handle) to the left. But when I try to close the bucket it will not close when lever is moved back to the right? I can get it to close when moved to right and lightly feathering the boom down pedal like the hyd oil is not returning out of the circuit but also when I do that and tilt the bucket forward it opens telling me there is no oil to clamp the bucket shut? The linkage on the right stick has some play and have tried to adjust that as Dealer told me to try that first but can not get the rod end swivel loose at the top even with a torch heating to try to break loose even with a enclosed cab. Pump does not sound like it is powering the return circuit. On this machine is the supply to male disconnect and the return is the female like on CAT machines?? Or is this setup only a single supply circuit? Thanks for the help I do not have a service manual yet.

Have you reversed the fittings and tried that combination?

farmkid16_2002

Occupation
Diesel Tech, Welder Fabricator
Have you reversed the fittings and tried that combination?
No I haven't swapped lines. The pump should load for opening and closing correct? All that would do us power to make it clamp jus reverse if it opening. When I move the joystick to the right the left pedal I can feel move slightly?? I really need to figure this out so all help is appreciated....

tool_king

Occupation
road mechanic owner
No I haven't swapped lines. The pump should load for opening and closing correct? All that would do us power to make it clamp jus reverse if it opening. When I move the joystick to the right the left pedal I can feel move slightly?? I really need to figure this out so all help is appreciated....
What is your email address ?I can email the manuals to help you .

TF Pace

I meant reversing the ends on the implement you are wanting to power.