• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

new holland lb75b loader/backhoe problems

fredIV

Our lb75b was have some loping at idle for a few days then yesterday while operating it got really bad and then stalled was able to refire and move to location to look at it but stalled several more times. We found fuel filter completely clogged due to a filthy tank drained tank replaced filter it would then start (but hard to start) it thenrun s at 2000rpm for several mins then slowly drops off till it stalls (unless accelerator pedal is quickly pushed to floor then released then it starts back at 2000rpm again) other than that no real throttle response also has no power to do any at this high idle. We bypassed fuel tank to another clean tank with fresh fuel bled all lines starting with fuel pump then inlet fuel filter then inlet to injector pump then outlet of injector pump then at each injector also made sure return line was not clogged but still have the same problem. We have worked on many tractors in the past but we are baffeled at this problem. Also there are some wires going to the injector pump some type of solenoids im assuming. Please Help as you all know time is $ and I need this thing running yesterday!!!!

Neil berry

i am having close to the same issue. i have a 2005 new holland lb75.b backhoe we had close to the same issue we were covering a waterline when it started losing power. my daughter and i changed the fuel filters
it ran a little better but then it got worse it would run at an idle, but hesitated to throttle up after that day we went to move to shop to check to see what was going on. when we finally got to the shop we changed all the filters again. then we cleaned the tank put new fuel in it, when electric fuel pump primed all lines to the injector it started right up. we then seen the same issue it would start and run, but still refused to throttle up when i pulled the hand throttle to wide open it would maybe aminte or to start to rev but had no power to move. then we ordered a new electric fuel pump thinking it may be weak but again no change can someone help me to figure this out

Neil berry

when we cleaned the tank i found mainly small sticks and leaves like the tank had been lid left off before i bought this machine. i didnt see any water in the tank just trash. now a couple of months ago i did find it in the filter i have also left the backhoe run for 30 minutes just to see if it would work itself out to no avail

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
There isn’t anything you can do to the pump, other than trying to run it by hand at the throttle. Sometimes the leaver up top will be working but the throttle on the pump won’t move.. it’s a thought..
Be sure to TIME THE PUMP/ENGINE and lock the pump BEFORE REMOVAL.!!!
THATS VERY IMPORTANT..
Good luck

Neil berry

i really appreciate all the help guys i really need this equipment running can anyone tell the best way to be sure the pump is locked in the right position

Neil berry

i know its a delphi pump but all the data plaqte is completely unreadable and i do have all the numbers for the equipment buit noone can seem to tell me what the numbers are to get a repair kit

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Take and post a picture of the pump.
Or send it to my home email.
My screen name at aoldotcom

Last edited:

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Why not get in touch w Dave Neubert.. (above)
He’s obviously had his off..
Or what about the original poster of this thread.??
Try sending them a prvt msg.

There’s a few different pumps that went on that pig..
U HAVE TO gain access to the front of the pump, so there’s a cover directly in front of the pump.. remove it..
You’ll see the pump drive gear.
Is the pump held onto the gear w 1 nut..in the center..
.. or 1 nut with 4 bolts.?

Dave Neubert

i really appreciate all the help guys i really need this equipment running can anyone tell the best way to be sure the pump is locked in the right position
I just locked the pump before taking it off and told my rebuilder to set it back to where it was locked

thepumpguysc

Occupation
That probably means its a tapered fit with no key in the shaft and gear.. but only way to tell is either get the instructions or zip off the nut and washer and look at the drive shaft and gear with a light..

Putting it back where “it was” is extremely difficult if it’s not keyed & there is no pin in the engine to time it..

I guess in this case utube is your friend.??