• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

New Holland Equipment

motrack

Charter Member
Occupation
field service tech
any of you have any New Holland Equipment? what do you think of the line and how is your parts availability?

DKinWA

Charter Member
Occupation
Biologist and Contractor
I've got a New Holland TC40 compact tractor and I haven't had one problem with it. It's nothing like their bigger equipment, but it's been a really nice machine and I'm always amazed at what it can do. I can't tell you anything about parts other than filters and I just call them up and they put them in the mail. I've usually got them within a day or two.

paulsoccodato

Charter Member
Occupation
contractor
i have a new holland ls 170 skid loader, i've had it for 2 1/2 years and i run it pretty hard. so far, so good, no real problems with it. i run loegering tracks 90% of the time.

the new hollands are a lot more stable than the other skids i've run.

as far as parts and service, no problems

cat320

Charter Member
I have to agree on stability I have run some of the others and the newholland is pretty good.The only other one that would be close is the new deere.But as far as servicing I can see all around the engine with the newholland and can't with any of the others.

Steve Frazier

Founder
Staff member
My friend has the LS190 skid steer in high flow. I've run it a few times, it seems like old technology. The controls are manual and stiff, where Bobcat, Case and Caterpillar have electronic controls that require much less effort.

The drive motors are also extremely noisy compared to some other machines.

The safety interlock system leaves a little to be desired. The seat belt must be fastened to activate any hydraulics which is OK, but the placement of the seat belt latch is in a very difficult position to hook up to. I often must make 3 attempts before I'm able to latch it, due to the rachet lock activating and not allowing the belt to extend further.

motrack

Charter Member
Occupation
field service tech
the skidsteers are good and the tractors are ok, I was looking for input on dozers, backhoes and such.

Seems to be a problem with parts availability right now, took 9 weeks for NH to supply a ring and pinion for a RG200 grader. They had to take one from a training aid at their service school.

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
I can't say that I've ever even seen a New Holland dozer, backhoe, or grader in the field.

In a similar sense to "I can't get a job with no experience, and I can't get any experience without a job", I think contractors are reluctant to buy equipment brands they haven't seen in the field, and you don't see those brands in the field until somebody buys them. Still never having seen one, hearing that someone had to wait 9 weeks for parts isn't making a good first impression on me.

It should be interesting to hear what others with direct experience on those machines have to say. (If you know anybody, let them know we're interested in hearing what they have to say, and get them to visit here...)

Steve Frazier

Founder
Staff member
The same guy who has the LS190 has run Ford/New Holland backhoes exclusively since he started his business in the early eighties. The dealer here is pretty good, most parts are readily available for the hoe. The success with his hoes and customer service is what led him to purchase the skid steer.

I've only seen pictures of the other equipment New Holland makes, although I remember when I was much younger NYS DOT had Ford wheel loaders for a while. The other equipment is not strong in this region.

Paul

Charter Member
We run 5 skid steers, all New Hollands, 1 old model 555 skid steer, 2 LS170's and 2 LS190's, along with three tractors a 1910, 2110, and a TC45. We don't have many problems with the newer equipment, the older 555 skid loader (7000 hrs) is getting a bit weak but it's a yard machine so we don't worry about it too much. As with any equipment, dealer service has lots to do with how well anyone likes their equipment. If you have bad service from your dealer you won't like your equipment no matter how well it runs when it's running, but breakdowns can kill you.