• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

New Holland C190 Hydrostatic Drive problem

rms2

I have a 2011 NH C190 2 speed with 1750 hours all regular maintenance done and no prior problems. This summer it developed leaks in the right sided drive lines where they rubbed together just prior to the final. We replaced those with new lines (not oem, made by NAPA - have been using this particular tech at NAPA for lines for years now.) Took care of that leak and it ran great but also had leaks in the case drain and parking brake lines. So we replaced all those too with NAPA lines. Now when pushed hard in drive in low and hi range it bogs down and makes a lot of black smoke. Never done that before at all. All filters are new, we were careful to cap all lines and cleaned the new ones prior to install, good quality fuel, ruled out all the simple stuff. But this correlated exactly with replacing the case drain and parking lines which are on these Messicks diagrams you can find if you scroll down to "hydrostatics pump to manifold" and "hydrostatics - drive motor to manifold" numbers 14, 15, 29, 30;

https://www.messicks.com/commoncatalog?vendor=nh&modelId=145053

I had my local Heavy Eqpt mech helping me since we had to tilt the cab to get to all these lines but he doesn't know what to make of this problem now. He talked to a buddy with lots of NH and Case experience who said he remembers something about the case drain or parking lines having some type of orifice in them and that caused this exact issue on a machine he worked on where they couldn't figure it out but it had the same symptoms as mine. And we were hoping to compare the old lines to the new NAPA lines but they had already gone out in the trash. So I have called around to my local contacts but the only other mechanics I know in my area are with CAT. I'm not a full-time contractor with this machine, I use it to maintain my road for myself and my neighbors, operate my Woodmizer sawmill, and plow snow when needed, clean up storm debris, etc. It's had pretty light use overall. But I'm really stumped now and so is my mechanic. I'm hoping somebody on the forum will have some experience with this machine and might be able to tell me if there is something special about those lines? Or something else we are missing? I hate to spend another $400 on new lines and hours installing them if that is not the problem. Last resort will be to trailer it up to the New Holland dealer I bought it from and hope for the best. Thanks very much for any help!

rms2

Thanks to all who have taken the time to read this so far. Could it be more likely that the drive hoses and case drain and parking brake hoses had nothing to do with this but coincidentally and suddenly my injectors went South? Or my fuel pump is not providing sufficient flow? Or something else? The machine had been running just fine with no smoke of any kind and no bogging at all until we replaced those hoses but do you think I need to look at other causes? I realize black smoke and bogging can be caused by many things so I'm really trying to narrow it down, and the issue certainly correlated exactly with replacing the hoses. But maybe it's time at 1750 hours to bench test the injectors anyway, and check the flow rate on my fuel pump. I am open to all suggestions here. I talked to my NH dealer today and they are backed up on service about a month, or so, and the same or worse for my Case/NH service center over the mountain. Will be a lot faster if I can figure this out. For an injector bench test can you recommend who to send them too? I can pull them and mail them out if needed. Not sure how to check the fuel pump to see if it's at spec but am going to find that section in my service manual now. Any other suggestions and advice I am all ears! Thanks and have a great weekend everybody!!!

Vetech63

You need to run an engine stall test. Hopefully someone here can give you the specs for that