1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

New Holland 555E

Discussion in 'Tractor/Loader/Backhoes' started by Adam Walden, Nov 3, 2022.

1. Adam Walden

Adam Walden Active Member

I have a new Holland backhoe that will not take forward or reverse, I see the wire going from the selector goes to a fuse panel on the right side fender well, but does it go from there to a solenoid or a module, if any one has a schematic or anything would be helpful,I can't get the serial number right now but I can tomorrow, thanks in advance

dakota taylor likes this.
  2. Mike-G

Mike-G Member

Engineer
    I believe the wire goes to a shift solenoid on top of the transmission. Remove the four screws and the plate in the floor board to gain access.

Adam Walden likes this.
  3. Adam Walden

Follow up on the 555E, the transmission pump in the flywheel housing had failed

4. Welder Dave

Welder Dave Senior Member

Nice that you came back to identify what the problem was. It could help someone else.

HarleyHappy, shopguy, aighead and 2 others like this.
  5. Mike-G

Mike-G Member

Engineer
    How did you diagnose the problem? Pressure gauge?

6. Adam Walden

No the hoe lock wouldn't release do you couldn't set the bucket down and that release runs off transmission pump pressure, I changed a thousand dollar solenoid before I found out

HarleyHappy likes this.
  7. NH575E

NH575E Senior Member

Retired Machinist
    I will try not to go off topic but you know you have to pull the left hoe lever back to get pressure off the lock hook before it will release?

aighead likes this.
  8. Adam Walden

Yes I knew that, but the lock hook gets its pressure from the transmissions pump,

HarleyHappy likes this.
  9. Angelcano

Angelcano New Member

Hi,
    I have a problem similar to that one but, in my case is when start working down hill for some reason stay on forward and doesn’t release the shift. After put the bucket down and raise the front of the loader then release. If it’s working up the hill, loader works perfect.

10. Swetz

Swetz Senior Member

Electric & Gas Company
    Fluid level??

11. Angelcano

Angelcano New Member

It’s over the maximum. But maybe the dipstick is wrong. I will try add more to see if works.
    Thanks!