• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

New Heavy Haul, Pete or KW?

Crummy

Hey, thanks for the heads-up putting down the deposit on the new rigs. The guy up the road rolled in with a new long logger last night, too. So I'll be headed out to hook up the trailer this morning & buy 4 units of lumber today before the price explodes.

Quite a bit of new equipment rolling around here so killing trees must be paying. Keeping me busy fixing stuff, so I can't complain.

Crummy

Talked to a guy about looking at his log loader- cycle time is too slow for him & he said the same thing. "faster! faster! more! more! more!"

Hallback

Occupation
Gyppo tower logger
Thank you, 565/1850 X15.
The original idea was to put a pimp papa Smurf on it with his 2 little Smurf prostitutes but when she got the artwork all laid out it looked like he was pimping little smurfs so we nixed that idea!!

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
Nice looking truck. I hadn't seen a rig with the front and rear drop axles before like that on long loggers. Do you have it figured to use as something else as well?

Birken Vogt

Charter Member
It always looks strange to me to see nice trucks hauling logs. There are a few around here too. But mostly they are strictly utilitarian with cab, frame, bunks, etc. painted one or maybe 2 colors, steel wheels with 2 hand holes, and it appears the that the paint comes out of the paint shop already faded by the sun, don't know how they do it.

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
It also builds price in the company they are working for. Keep the wheels down and the white lines flashing the mirrors.

Birken Vogt

Charter Member
If it comes into the mechanic shop in an obviously clean and well loved condition then the mechanics will take better care of it, too.

I can't tell you how many times some truck has gone to a shop because it was towed from where it broke down all filthy with no way to wash it. And come back all covered with belt buckle scratches and the like. Because the mechanic saw a filthy old truck and did not take care of it, when in reality it was nice under the grime.

dieseldog5.9

Nice equipment, High wage, and benefits, you are making it more difficult to stay here!! You are probably going to tell me you also have cold beer!

Stayed in Cape Disapointment with the racoons before Covid, ran up through Raymond and Aberdeen, nice country.