1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

New excavator price

Discussion in 'Excavators' started by fatmanindiana, Jan 16, 2013.

1. fatmanindiana

fatmanindiana New Member

I'm looking to buy a 20-tonner, CAT/Komatsu/Hitachi/Hyundai/Kobelco

Any idea about the final prices? US & Canada

thanks!!

2. CRAFT

CRAFT Senior Member

30 yrs Owner/Operator
    Hmmmm ??? …. That's a pretty broad question …… like asking "How Much is A Used CAR" …… maybe you could narrow it down a BIT !

3. Hendrik

Hendrik Senior Member

You're gonna have to ask the dealer that question.
    For instance what boom configuration do you need, what bucket/s?
    Then there may be taxes, dealer delivery and shipping charges.

4. Matt_H

Matt_H Well-Known Member

2012 volvo 220d hydraulic couple 36''/60'' prolink thumb full load machine $217,000CDN plus taxes bought a new volvo 210C in 2010 was right in that 195,000 area

5. fatmanindiana

fatmanindiana New Member

Was looking for the standard configuration, std boom stick, 1.2 cu.yd bucket, no maintenance contract or shipping charges. Sure, the dealer charges could vary too I guess,

and
    Thanks Matt, kind of what i was looking for!

6. roddyo

roddyo Senior Member

Manipulator of the Planet
    I want to think standard 225 doosans were advertised at $122,000.00 on machinery trader.

7. BRIEV7

BRIEV7 Member

FOOTBALL
    I 've an idea about price more expensive to less one:
    1- CAT
    2-HITACHI or JOHN DEERE same for less than 35T
    3-KOMATSU
    4-HYUNDAI
    5-KOBELCO
    technically all machines are same ,but the quality is another items.If you went the best ,I think you know price spongebob:spongebob:spongebob

8. pf/l

pf/l Well-Known Member

Farmer/logger/heavy equipment op.
    Got a few prices in the last 6 months. New 200 hitachi's were coming in around 200 without a thumb. Never did get a exact number from them. New 160 Hitachi was 155-160,000 can't remember off the top of my head. That had two buckets and a thumb. Had some left in Alberta and they were cleaing them out. New 290 now all dressed up was just about 300,000

Ryan

9. cutting edge

cutting edge Senior Member

You can pretty much take the model designation and add three zeros for a bone stock hoe,for anything worth buying.

10. SPMiller

SPMiller Senior Member

Operator

What this guy said^

Kobelcos is going to be your lower end at around 150 Komatsu inbetween, Deere somewhere just below Hitachi and Cat pricing of around 210 for a bare 200 sized machine. That's one bucket, manual quick change, and thats it. Atleast around here. Add in catwalks, second bucket, good quick coupler. 250.

Really depends why you want a new excavator, and dealer network available to you. The dollar factor for equipment shouldn't be your biggest concern.

11. fatmanindiana

fatmanindiana New Member

Well, tough times demand more juice for the buck

I tend to agree that technology is similar between different makes and should have no problem with any model for the 1st 2 years atleast, for easy clearing jobs

12. dneedelman

dneedelman Member

My company did a demo between a Cat 320EL RR & a Deere 210LG & the Cat really impressed us. The cat burned 1/2 the fuel the Deere did & was able to out lift the Deere even at full extension. I think the Cat was $215K & the Deere was $190K.

I like you thought they were all the same but with Diesel still around $4 a gallon here in California we went with the Cat for fuel, production, service & resale.

Good luck on your purchase

13. alanmurfee

alanmurfee Member

Blogger
    It's really difficult to tell a price for escavator because it depends on your dealer, location and model. The average price of 20 tons escavator generally range in price from $100,000 to $200,000.

14. CM1995

CM1995 Super Moderator

Running what I brung and taking what I win
    Dealer priced me a 320EL with std. boom and stick, manual Cat thumb - $198K. 3YR, 3K hour drivetrain+hyd warranty.

15. 0u812

0u812 Member

I prefer komatsu excavators. They are smooth and very strong. Also, your wallet does not seem to hurt AS BAD when you buy parts. Also, if you buy a new cat machine your stuck with the K series teeth which are expensive if your looking for economically feasible serviceability. where as with komatsu the teeth and filters are available everywhere (since the esco patient got lifted).

16. dneedelman

dneedelman Member

I think it depends where you are in the country. Out here in California Komatsu has no real dealer network so there parts availability sucks. We looked at them & Volvo but both cost more to service than the Cat did. I was suprised to see that.

17. finaldrive

finaldrive Senior Member

Business Owner
    Interesting comment/experience.
    I'm in Cali and we work closely with Road Machinery and the support of Komatsu. What company were you dealing with that left you feeling that parts availability sucks?

18. Deereman

Deereman Senior Member

Do you mean to say 210G LC or 210G? Were the machines equipped exactly the same? Machines perform same duties? Machines start with same amount of fuel? Just curious good or bad?

19. Volvoec20blc

Volvoec20blc Member

I just bought a Volvo ec220dl retail at 187,000. Got it with 450 hrs for 172,000. Back in 2007 I rented a 07 Volvo 210cl and it retailed for 147,000 . What the heck happened in that 6 years for a 40,000 price jump? Is it all the emission bs?

20. MrElectric03

MrElectric03 Well-Known Member

I'm also curious what Komatsu dealer you've dealt with. Depending on where you are in the state you are either dealing with Road Machinery or Clairmont Equipment. If you've had a negative experience with Road Machinery I'd sure like to hear about it. The customers we have that have switched from Cat to Komatsu always rave about the fuel savings. We also have a large rental fleet they are trying to push right now, why not rent one and try it yourself?

I appreciate the honorable mention, we've put a lot of hard work in and it means a lot that we've made enough of an impact to be mentioned.