• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

New Cat B series ART

big ben

So what are your thoughts on the new look Cat articulated rock trucks ? They kind of look like a combination of the old Cat square D series and the newer style they just discontinued. I think personally it will grow on me but I wasn't sure at first glance.
IMG_0751.jpgIMG_0745.jpgIMG_0752.jpgIMG_0750.jpg

Greg

Occupation
Excavating Contractor
looks like way to much plastic to me to survive.

rare ss

they look alright, they should have changed the front suspension setup though, thats the worst thing from the change up from the D400EII into the 740

the front bumper accually looks stronger then the 740 which was double skinned to give the outer layer the curved look, use used to handrail across both front sides which would be hard to do now also

tripper_174

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator Trainer
We've had about eight months of use with these trucks. They are very operator friendly and have stood up well. The regeneration system gave some trouble, mainly with operators messing with the regeneration switch instead of letting the thing look after itself. We still do manual regeneration at breaks if required. We'll see how they are after 8-10 thousand hours before we pass final judgements.