1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

NEW Cat 150 AWD

Discussion in 'Motor Graders' started by 20/80, Jun 4, 2021.

1. Welder Dave

Welder Dave Senior Member

Every trade should be continuous learning. Know one knows it all but some try to fake it. The most humble usually have the most to offer the new generation. Some are threatened by the new generation though and want them to.learn the hard way.

ovrszd likes this.
  2. 20/80

20/80 Senior Member

operator
    Thanks, I don't mind helping, its nice getting together and sharing experiences good and bad, lots of old hands offering some dam good pointers to, I always come away with some great advice from some of the old hand sure helps me be a better operator, all you got to do is keep your dam mouth shut and listen. lol

ovrszd likes this.
  3. 20/80

20/80 Senior Member

operator
    Yes sir, you couldn't have explained it any better, we get lots of done it all guys but seem to cave when challenged.

4. ovrszd

ovrszd Senior Member

Retired Army
    Our County used to have a yearly meeting with all the Townships invited. It was an excellent exchange of information and ideas. Then we got some lazy County Commissioners that didn't have the energy to organize it so they stopped. We've now got a new Commissioner that is determined to restart those meetings.

It's an opportunity to bring up issues and share solutions. For example, this past year one of my neighboring Townships that is financially in bad shape needed a grader. One of the board members went online and searched. He found a State Grant and applied. They received approval and purchased a $150,000 grader at no cost to the Township. That type of information will be shared at the next County meeting. Last week a neighboring Township board member called me and asked if I knew how to apply for that Grant? I gave him the contact information for the Board member that successfully applied.

So there's a lot to share beyond the logistics of running a machine. Glad to see that you are involved. I'm guessing you'll get quizzed about your new machine as well. :)

59 North likes this.