• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

NEW Cat 150 AWD

ovrszd

Occupation
Retired Army
I’d also suggest that you keep a log of how much engine oil you are adding, just in case the info is needed down the road.

We're at 900hrs on our JD machine. It has never used any. I change at 250hrs and it's still on the full mark. With improvements in materials the clearances are a lot less and engines just don't consume as much oil.

ovrszd

Occupation
Retired Army
Yeah I know, A leaking seal is not a big deal but holy sh#t this machine is brand new, it costs us a $1000 bucks easy for Cat to come to our shop for warranty work on this machine, first trip will be to assess and figure out the parts they need and get them approved, second trip for the repair and a good 50% chance he will need to order more parts to finish the job, all this time the machine has more down time which also costs us, we should not have to pay one red cent to Cat on a new machine with not even a 100 hrs on it, we pay for the Cat mobile to run back and forth FOR THIS NEW MACHINE, its not right CAT!!! HERE WE GO AGAIN NEW CAT 150 AWD DOWN AGAIN!!! :mad:
I can't say for sure whether it's JD or the Dealership, we never paid for any service calls the first year.

20/80

Occupation
operator
We
I can't say for sure whether it's JD or the Dealership, we never paid for any service calls the first year.
Well I think Cat likes to Nickle and dime new Cat owners when it comes to service calls, paying for the mileage and what ever else they can leech out of you outside their 5 year bumper to bumper warranty, the first 500hrs should be on Cat to cover everything, this is one of there products they sold us, stand behind it!

big ben

We

Well I think Cat likes to Nickle and dime new Cat owners when it comes to service calls, paying for the mileage and what ever else they can leech out of you outside their 5 year bumper to bumper warranty, the first 500hrs should be on Cat to cover everything, this is one of there products they sold us, stand behind it!

Have you been billed anything yet including travel ? What have they billed you for in the first 500 hrs ?

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
Apparently he is just the operator and is kept out of the spending loop.

Welder Dave

It doesn't seem too much a stretch of the imagination that a long term operator is kept in the loop regarding what is happening with the new grader he was assigned to. Especially when it puts him behind in his work. I think most operators would want to know what the heck is going on.

20/80

Occupation
operator
I was told between $1000 plus for a service call, parts and labour are covered under the warranty, charged for every time they are called to come to your machine, usually it will be two visits from Cat for one problem, the first visit is to assess the problem and order the parts, second visit is to put the part on and hopefully fix the problem, so this becomes costly for a costumer if you are having troubles with a brand NEW machine, The front seal on my left front hub is now leaking also, we are not sure if the leaking is normal, its not alot of oil enough that your finger is covered if you touch it, we are waiting for it to get worse before calling in another service call, we sent a picture to Cat, to add more misery my trans is jumping gears irratically every now and then, the Cat rep for our machine is working on that, they may start remote monitoring of my machine to see what's going on with the trans, DYING OLD SUFFERING!!! 115 hrs and counting!

20/80

Occupation
operator
Apparently he is just the operator and is kept out of the spending loop.
You are right MR JOHN C, i'm "JUST" a operator, but I am assigned to this machine and responsible for it, I may not control the spending for this machine but I run this machine and report any problems that i'm having, that's why I started this thread to share my experience with the great members on this forum, be careful when your looking down your nose at other members.

The Peej

You are right MR JOHN C, i'm "JUST" a operator, but I am assigned to this machine and responsible for it, I may not control the spending for this machine but I run this machine and report any problems that i'm having, that's why I started this thread to share my experience with the great members on this forum, be careful when your looking down your nose at other members.
I can see where you offence to "just an operator" but I don't think that was his intention. More your not in the office seeing the bills

Welder Dave

Best not to guess what info an operator is privy to or not. This thread seems to point out that Cat and/or the dealer has a too bad so sad kind of attitude regarding a 500K machine.

20/80

Occupation
operator
I can see where you offence to "just an operator" but I don't think that was his intention. More your not in the office seeing the bills
I see what is being spent, very well informed and involved with what's happening with the machine i'm responsible for, but I am not going to post invoices on the forum, I only give little hints from time to time, there are alot of operators that are involved in what's happening with the machine their operating even when they don't own it, they take pride in looking after the machine they are running and are well respected.

Bluox

I was told between $1000 plus for a service call, parts and labour are covered under the warranty, charged for every time they are called to come to your machine, usually it will be two visits from Cat for one problem, the first visit is to assess the problem and order the parts, second visit is to put the part on and hopefully fix the problem, so this becomes costly for a costumer if you are having troubles with a brand NEW machine, The front seal on my left front hub is now leaking also, we are not sure if the leaking is normal, its not alot of oil enough that your finger is covered if you touch it, we are waiting for it to get worse before calling in another service call, we sent a picture to Cat, to add more misery my trans is jumping gears irratically every now and then, the Cat rep for our machine is working on that, they may start remote monitoring of my machine to see what's going on with the trans, DYING OLD SUFFERING!!! 115 hrs and counting!
So what is the difference between a service call and warranty labor?
Bob

20/80

Occupation
operator
First year machine warranty includes travel on machines of this class.
Is this what is offered by Cat in Vancouver? we have the 5 year bumper to bumper warranty on this machine, not sure if this is offered in your area, but we pay for travel for a service call, not sure if its just the flat rate or the hourly rate, saying that travel is covered under the warranty for the first year, I don't think we got that deal, I will bring up what you said about this when I talk to the Cat Rep next week, see what he comes back with, hope you are right, I would gladly eat crow on this issue.

big ben

5 year premium warranty is fairly std on a county/governmental/municipalities machine. For less than you think travel can be included as well.

If they are charging you travel on these first warranty calls maybe that explains why Toromont’s share price is doing so well. :D