• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

New Brush Cutter

td25c

As long as you can supply the required gpm and keep the oil cool there should not be any problem.It looks like a good tool Top Dog.

HeyUvaVT

so a max of 3500psi? that limits you some as to what you can install them on doesn't it? or do you just turn down the pumps on the carriers?

td25c

so a max of 3500psi? that limits you some as to what you can install them on doesn't it? or do you just turn down the pumps on the carriers?

I dont think 3500 psi would limit the unit.that covers alot of equipment.If it became an issue,say the carrier put out 5000 psi ,Put a relief valve at the motor bypassing to the return.No need to adjust pressure on the carrier.

CRAFT

Occupation
30 yrs Owner/Operator
Topdog thats got to be one of the simplest ideas i've seen yet , and it looks very effective too ....would love to hear more about this attachment ...... how large of a diam. is the drum and what size of chain is that .... .404 ? ....how many feet do you need to cover the drum .....I ask this just to get an idea of opperating cost to replace the cutter system .....WOW !

Top Dog

Occupation
Rock Quarry Owner
Topdog thats got to be one of the simplest ideas i've seen yet , and it looks very effective too ....would love to hear more about this attachment ...... how large of a diam. is the drum and what size of chain is that .... .404 ? ....how many feet do you need to cover the drum .....I ask this just to get an idea of opperating cost to replace the cutter system .....WOW !
Thanks for looking
The drum is about 8 in diam. and the chain is BC11 with about 80 ft. as for the replacement of the chain it will go upwards of 300 hrs before sharpening.

CRAFT

Occupation
30 yrs Owner/Operator
Please do keep us informed as things progress. Including any vid clips to see this unit in action ......the concept does sound interesting

CRAFT

Occupation
30 yrs Owner/Operator
I'm still Impressed, it looks a tad slow but that could be due to the excavators flow...... I don't know how to post You-tube clips but if you enter "Quadco mulcher"or "Quadco mower 1 BC 2009" look at the clips with the Cat excavator on it ....I'll post some pics of my Iron with the Quadco 54" head on it

CRAFT

Occupation
30 yrs Owner/Operator
Some pics ..... Top pic is the 72" Davco I use on my 314 size Cat excavator and on my A-300 Skid (pic shows old and new knives, 2 of the knives are hidden, once it starts to spin they are all 4 exposed) bottom is the Quadco 54" I used on my 320 CLU, it requires priority flow of 65 gpm

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 1,532
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 1,441

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
65 gpm. Thats a lot flow. What pressure?

CRAFT

Occupation
30 yrs Owner/Operator
A couple more pics .... top is kind-of a before on the left side and after on the right done with the rotary Davco (65 miles of it).....bottom is the 320 with the Quadco

Attachments

• 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 1,255
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 1,236

CRAFT

Occupation
30 yrs Owner/Operator
KSSS, we put the flow meter on it, and it was at ~3200psi ...the rotary only needed 30gpm to run

Top Dog

Occupation
Rock Quarry Owner
Here are a few pics of what we have been working on. The boom cutter will be available soon. It will have the belt gaurd on before any leaves the factory.Boom Brush Mower1.jpgBoom Brush Mower2.jpgBoom Brush Mower3.jpgBoom Brush Mower4.jpg

Last edited: