• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

New Appraisal Book

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
My latest book is generally for appraisers of heavy equipment but owners, fleet managers, insurance agents and adjusters, finance officers and government entities will find it extremely useful. The title is Determining the Value of Heavy Equipment and it can be found on Amazon at the following link. My first book mostly explained what to look for when purchasing a used machine and some of the types of people who use appraisals. This book explains the process of putting together those values in a supportable opinion.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08VFSQGWC

Knowing how the system works is the first part of making the most efficient use of your hard earned money.

John C.

John C.

Occupation
Thanks for the comments. I appreciate it.

John C.

Occupation
That would depend on how you use the information that I put in the book. Are you in sales or and owner?

John C.

Occupation
Both my books are about determining value and not about sales generation. There are many reasons why you would need a value for something that are not part of generating leads nor completing a retail sale of something. Legal processes, tax assessment, insurance coverage and claims, financial planning and more. Both my books deal with the aspects that create value in heavy equipment specifically and nearly anything else in general. Lead generation and the sales funnel are aspects taught extensively in Caterpillar sales programs. There are plenty of ex-Caterpillar sales reps working in the markets at any one time so I didn't feel the need to cover those subjects. Perhaps in the future.