• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

new 623G

oakland

COPPA
Occupation
high school
just got the new 623G for my diorama. it has the new power edge logos.

Attachments

• construction pics 002.jpg
    construction pics 002.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 525

tonka

Occupation
Equipment Operator
nice, but ya got her loaded wrong, supposed to back her on the trailer, then connect the detach, then nose her up over the gooseneck....well thats how i would do it anyway.....

stretch

Occupation
gopher
Sometimes those shorter lowboys call for different loading. I have to load my 627 and TMS8A's on my trailers like that too. ;)

oakland

COPPA
Occupation
high school
nice, but ya got her loaded wrong, supposed to back her on the trailer, then connect the detach, then nose her up over the gooseneck....well thats how i would do it anyway.....

i was just taking pics:p i will change it though so i dont get in trouble :D

tonka

Occupation
Equipment Operator
i was just taking pics:p i will change it though so i dont get in trouble :D
yea the DOT might get ya for no red flags on the corners and over length..........lol nice scraper BTW!

tonka

Occupation
Equipment Operator
Sometimes those shorter lowboys call for different loading. I have to load my 627 and TMS8A's on my trailers like that too. ;)

well with that much weight over the rear of that lowboy the tractor will not get traction............just my 2 cents!

Bellboy

COPPA
Occupation
Student
Got one down at my retailer. Never thought of buying one... I suppose they arent popular here, so it doesn't make sense for me to add one to my collection. Looks good though!

PS: Any one know where I can get a good lowboy. Just got a Komatsu D61 EX and need a decent truck for it. 1:50 hey.

alan627b

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
Bellboy, got to DHS Diecast's site and type in lowboy in the search bar. Tonkin, Sword, Norscot, etc all have good lowboys, just depends on your budget!
http://dhsdiecast.com/
I did it for you.... http://dhsdiecast.com/shop/search_results.cfm
Corgi makes a resonably priced one, it's even big enough to put scrapers on.
You don't really need a reason to own a scraper model, just buy it anyway!
Sometimes you can get the 623G cheaper if you buy the military or weathered versions, especially if you are going to customize them.
Oakland, chaining it that way is a good way to damage the steering cylinders!
alan627b

[-Agent-]

COPPA
Occupation
Student
yep there both made by norscot about the same price too:D

I like the quality of norscot, although they add some small plastic pieces that break. 5th wheel on my KW broke off, but it is fine for show. And I tried to get the doors on the dozer open and the top hinge broke off, fixed those though.

:)

When they say die-cast, it should all be diecast. :)

oakland

COPPA
Occupation
high school
[-Agent-];98192 said:
I like the quality of norscot, although they add some small plastic pieces that break. 5th wheel on my KW broke off, but it is fine for show. And I tried to get the doors on the dozer open and the top hinge broke off, fixed those though.

:)

When they say die-cast, it should all be diecast. :)

yeah it can be pretty cheap sometimes my fifth wheel on the kenworth is extra sturdy i guess its just the model:confused:

[-Agent-]

COPPA
Occupation
Student
yeah it can be pretty cheap sometimes my fifth wheel on the kenworth is extra sturdy i guess its just the model:confused:

Mine was really lose and when I attached the trailer it just slid and broke off the little nail lookin things. Weird that they arn't the same.

oakland

COPPA
Occupation
high school
[-Agent-];98204 said:
Mine was really lose and when I attached the trailer it just slid and broke off the little nail lookin things. Weird that they arn't the same.

wow mine was so tight i had to use some force to take it off