• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

New 2020 772 GP Deere

Cat 140M AWD

Occupation
Motor grader operator
Wondering if Deere fixed the light issue with an update. You'd think they would notify everyone when they do that........
I agree I wonder if they didn’t fix it with an update I will ask my service manager at my dealer see what I can find out

ovrszd

Occupation
Retired Army
I agree I wonder if they didn’t fix it with an update I will ask my service manager at my dealer see what I can find out

My service tech asked me one day if I wanted his access to the onboard computer? Said I could then view all updates and status checks on the machine.

I said not now. I don't want Deere to say I went into the system and messed up something. When my issues are all resolved then I'll ask James to set me up with that access. If I had it now I would know whether they fixed this problem with an update. But I don't want my "fingerprints" in there now.

ovrszd

Occupation
Retired Army
My backup lights don't code anymore.

Still don't have delayed shutdown.

500hrs. Changing engine oil at 250hrs. Hasn't used a drop.

Yours is looking good!!!

Cat 140M AWD

Occupation
Motor grader operator
So an update on my machine I’m about 20 hours away from 1000 hours was out operating the machine today got a low coolant warning came on the monitor so stopped checked the tank and it was almost empty was at the normal line this morning when I did my fluid check and could smell antifreeze smell couldn’t find any leaks called my dealer and they seem to think the coolant is going out the exhaust thinking it’s the EGR there coming out to look at machine on Tuesday will update what I find out then.

ovrszd

Occupation
Retired Army
Thanks for the update. Hopefully it's a simple fix!!!!

I'm at 1200 hrs on our 672G. Still don't have delay shutdown. Once every 100 hrs or so the reverse light code will pop up. Haven't had any mechanical issues at all. Uses no engine oil at 250hr changes.

Cat 140M AWD

Occupation
Motor grader operator
Here is the update on my machine mechanic came out checked over machine and found two coolant hose’s that were rubbing through that was that problem so least that was easy fix I also have been getting a high transmission oil temperature warning while roading my machine mechanic looked in and found that the seal between the axel and transmission failed and was overfilling transmission so he ordered parts and 2 days later the dealer had me going again very satisfied with the service I’ve received l operated machine yesterday and were all good to go.

Cat 140M AWD

Occupation
Motor grader operator
We’ll have another update have 1200 hours on machine now and have been adding a half gallon of engine oil every 10 hours obviously not good on that low hour machine and when I check my transmission oil the oil was rising on the dipstick and was very dirty like engine oil was contaminating it so suer enough rear main seal failed so dealer had me bring it in they had it 2 weeks I’m back in business now I love this new machine but the down time I’ve had is surprising with them amount of hours.

ovrszd

Occupation
Retired Army
Bummer!!!! I whine and bitch about computer glitches with our machine causing codes. But it's not mechanically failed me.

Is Warranty taking care of your repair?

I'm at 1,300 hrs. I change the engine oil at 250hrs. I never have to add any between changes.

I'd be paranoid about what the engine oil is doing to the trans???? JD transmissions seem to be a bit weak and vulnerable. Hope it goes well.

A neighboring Township has a 672D. It's 15 years old or so. Only has 2,800 hrs on it. 1st/2nd gear trans clutch failed. JD replaced the trans with a new one rather than trying to rebuild theirs. Weren't any in warehouse stock so they pulled one off the factory assembly line. Cost them $35,000 by the time they got it back.....

Cat 140M AWD

Occupation
Motor grader operator
I suer wish I was just having electric fault codes and sensors going on instead of the major mechanical issues thankfully we have a 5 year warranty that is covering all of the repairs otherwise it would be a very expensive machine to own hopefully the problems are all fixed up I’m honestly nervous going in to winter for snow plowing with it hope it doesn’t leave me stranded i know my township supervisors are not impressed with new machine so far and I’m worried also about the damage the engine oil in transmission definitely not good for if hopefully no problems happen and yikes that’s a very expensive repair bill for a new transmission like I’ve said before I’m very happy with this new Deere but the downtime is killing me when I haven’t had any trouble on my cat machines.

ovrszd

Occupation
Retired Army
We purchased 7 year/5000 hr powertrain warranty on this machine. Unfortunately our problems aren't covered. JD and the dealer delayed until the 1st year everything covered warranty expired. So I just deal with the code issues. As you mentioned, I don't have mechanical issues that make me not have faith in the machine. I'd be very nervous in your situation....

We're getting snow now. 1-3" forecast.