• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Never Seen This Before

D3B Dave

Leaving town this morning I saw this pulled over by a Highway Patrol. I sure would like to have been a fly in that Patrol car.

Attachments

• IMG_0489.jpg
    IMG_0489.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 2,603
Last edited:

Polar Bear

No I dont se enything wron but it is not ok in Iceland :(

only one for efri truck :drinkup

/ Polar Bear

roddyo

Occupation
Manipulator of the Planet
What's Wrong with this Picture???

I say no wide load permit and no doubles endorsement.:beatsme

LowBoy

Occupation
Owner, Iron Mountain Iron & Equipment (Transport)
If it were me hauling that contraption, I'd have done it in the dark. You're in trouble either way...might as well be under the cover of darkness to drop the chance of getting seen by Johnny Law.:p

mikef87

Occupation
owner/operator/mechanic/laborer/truck driver
If it were me hauling that contraption, I'd have done it in the dark. You're in trouble either way...might as well be under the cover of darkness to drop the chance of getting seen by Johnny Law.:p

I second that, although Boston, Mass has a D.O.T cop on at night. But for rest of the state, your on your own.

bigblueox

i think its an case of dumbcop. i've seen custom harvesters with rigs like that before. most have tri-axle trucks with combine trailers with head cart pups or 4 axel dumps with combine trailers and small garin pups.

Lashlander

Jeez guys, maybe he was speeding, maybe he pulled over for some reason and the officer stopped to see if he needed assistance, maybe the driver is the officers spouse and they pulled over for a little romance. I could go on and on but its all speculation at this point. I sure hope none of you ever see me pulled over by the police. LOL!!:laugh

curly

Occupation
loader operator
Jeez guys, maybe he was speeding, maybe he pulled over for some reason and the officer stopped to see if he needed assistance, maybe the driver is the officers spouse and they pulled over for a little romance. I could go on and on but its all speculation at this point. I sure hope none of you ever see me pulled over by the police. LOL!!:laugh

Don't worry, we all know that sheep lie....alot.:drinkup

Dualie

I would think as long as his state allows long combination vehicles that would seem to be an almost legal load. Now I don't think I have ever heard of Long combination vehicles being allowed to run over width and height. But their are some weird arse laws on the books that allow all kind of crazy shenanigans for farm related transport.

I think my favorite part of that first video is the brigadier gain hauler with the 8V Detroit in it leaving from the stop sign pulling the combine on the pintle trailer. Winding that strait piped Detroit out grabbing every gear in her ALMOST makes me miss the old days.

Last edited:

"Implements of Husbandry" i.e. farm equipment are allowed to go overwidth. Some states want you buy a cheapy overwidth permit to haul a combine on the interstate. Just depends on what state.

Bellboy

COPPA
Occupation
Student
Well, I see nothing wrong with that set up, except the length. I wouldn't try that, but there is a haulage contractor who works for our JCB dealers here, and they use interlink combinations to transport three 3CX's, one on the interlink, the other two on the actual lowbed trailer. they also transport Massey Ferguson tractors, maybe four or five little ones at a go. Just that that is a very long interlink!

And on those YouTubes, I like that "toys" of the harvestor. Very cute. And after paying close attention, You see that those are not full lowbed trailers they're using. They look very small for those combines, though, and then they put a grain pup behind it.

Last edited:

Dualie

the lowbed trailers still apear to be atleast 28-30 feet. They are only single axles though.

and in one video their pulling the combine on the one trailer and the header trailer behind that. That would put them over 90 ft bumper to bumper i would think

Last edited:

roddyo

Occupation
Manipulator of the Planet
Combine Weight

I don't know about a Case but a New Holland Combine weighs about 37,000 lbs. But with Duals it's close to 17 feet wide.:eek:

Deere9670

Occupation
Farm equipment operator
I think my favorite part of that first video is the brigadier gain hauler with the 8V Detroit in it leaving from the stop sign pulling the combine on the pintle trailer. Winding that strait piped Detroit out grabbing every gear in her ALMOST makes me miss the old days.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVjXwS8HzFw

I think you will like this then!:drinkup

changexlt

Occupation
Construction Operator
If you want to see more pics of setups like that. Go to Johnson Harvesting . com They have pictures of the past few years. Should be able to find the Trucks section or moving sections in the various years. It's done all the time by them.