• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Nelson Loaders?

smokey1

Occupation
Builder/Owner
The price is way off for $24.000 you can pick up a lot mor loader than the Nelson. All nelsons I have come accross go from 2500.. to 6000 in good running order. Could be a misprint and they want 2,400.00, Then you should grab it, but for 24k, no way

fast_st

Occupation
IT systems admin
Well, I'd suggest half of that asking price, but its OBO, keeping in mind its a new 4bta and the entire UC has been rebuilt. Should be good for another 40 years. I don't know the total rebuild cost was but some of the seals were $100 each and the seal saver kits added to that. Brakes all relined by Clutch and Brake now Fleetpride.

J Audet

Still a viable machine, luckily they have a lot of commonly used parts!

Hi, I have one of the Nelson 150 loaders and i am looking for a waterpump & brake booster w/master cylinder. any Idea's where i can find them. i saw one of these loaders in NH last year and thats how i found out what i had, they would not part with it though. it was in alot better shape than mine is

Delmer

Look up the engine parts by the engine make, model and serial number. Maybe post a pic of the brake booster/master cylinder and somebody can probably identify it.

I've never heard of Nelson loaders, but I'll bet they didn't build the brake parts.

fast_st

Occupation
IT systems admin
You might be in luck, the air over hydraulic brake boosters are the same ones used in the deuce and half trucks, possibly available at NAPA. Which engine do you have? is it the cummins J? if so cummins will have the water pump, you just need the data from the engine plate.

Last edited:

fast_st

Occupation
IT systems admin
Any luck in getting the replacement parts?

J Audet

Any luck in getting the replacement parts?

No I Haven't tried yet as this is my busy time of year. when things slow down i will as i am the only worker living the american dream called self employment !!! thanks for keeping an interest in it though

RonG

Charter Member
Occupation
heavy equipment operator
I have seen only one Nelson loader in my life and it was at the yard of Manafort Bros. in New Britain ct back in the '70s.It looked a lot like the straight frame Michigans of that era and I thought that that was what it was until I looked a little closer and since they were new at that time I had a pretty good idea of what to look for as I was around them every day at that time.Ron G

Mnak83

My 1963 Nelson 250

I have a 1963 Nelson 250 Loader that my father purchased in 1980 from the original owners. We mostly use her for snow plowing and removal these days. Great, reliable machine!IMG_3272.jpg

fast_st

Occupation
IT systems admin
Ohe good looking loader there, and they were heavy! how much was that going over the scales?