• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Needing some fast help with lack of fuel, 322CL, no primer

fastline

I am still trying to sort out what is going on here. 322CL, HEK serial. Machine ran 2 days ago perfect. We got a cold snap down in the low teens but was up around 30F today. I fired it and it lit as normal, then started stumbling and it has never done that before, ever.
It was very obvious it was not getting fuel. I tried and tried. Finally pulled the water separator as I had not checked it months and ice could have built up. I cooked it up got the water out but it sure had some slurry crap in it. I did what I could, reinstalled, with key on the separator filled with the system fuel pump.

However, I realized I have no fuel on the either of the drain lines under the first fuel filter, after the separator. Not even sure where there are two hoses but when I turn those valves on, not a drop comes out. So I unscrewed the filter a bit and there was certainly some fuel there so I didn't want to create a mess until I know more.

The book called for using a manual primer on the engine fuel pump, but that rig does not have one! What do I need to do here? The book is wrong. I can find no bleeder valve or anything.

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
If u have any rubber lines going TO the inj pump.. cut one and install a boat primer bulb w some hose clamps..
The best on the market is a Yamaha.. you’ll probably have to get one at a Yamaha outboard dealer..
Don’t forget to loosen ALL THE LINES AT THE INJECTORS & put the throttle at WIDE OPEN when trying to bleed the air out..
WAIT until u have fuel dripping/squirting out of the lines and then tighten them up..
Good luck

ahart

This machine has a HEUI system. There’s a chance there is something besides a fuel issue going on here. There are definitely other variables at play. A connection with Cat ET would shed some light on the situation.

fastline

This machine has a HEUI system. There’s a chance there is something besides a fuel issue going on here. There are definitely other variables at play. A connection with Cat ET would shed some light on the situation.
Thank you and I agree! I created another thread in the general section as the 3126B is used in many things. After inspection of the first fuel filter, I think we need to go down that road first but I was very frustrated that because the coolant burb tank and hydro oil was low, those warnings (that go away when running) kept me from accessing codes in the monitor. Or at least I could not find another way.

I had to abort the repair due to weather and other work that has to get done but will revisit in a couple days.