1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Need some help with a Cat 416 Series II

Discussion in 'Tractor/Loader/Backhoes' started by TJAlbert, Feb 26, 2021.

1. TJAlbert

TJAlbert New Member

I have a Cat 416 Series II (5pc14686) that is in good running condition. However, a rat or squirrel decided to make his home under the right hand side operators panel and destroyed the wiring behind it. I have the parts manual for this machine and it looks like the harness part number is 9R-6792 but no dice from the dealer in finding one of these in the US. Looks like I am going to have to re-wire it myself. I am hoping that someone out there might have a similar machine and be able to send me some pictures of the rear portion of the panel. I do have some wiring diagrams as well but I think pictures will also be key. Any thoughts or help is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

2. Vetech63

Vetech63 Senior Member

The wires are colored and marked at the ends so matching them shouldn’t be too difficult. Maybe post a pic of the damage so we can see the severity.

mg2361 likes this.
  3. TJAlbert

TJAlbert New Member

I'll be down at the farm this weekend and take some pictures. It isn't pretty!

Vetech63 likes this.
  4. Nige

Nige Senior Member

If you want a copy of the electrical schematic for your machine you only have to ask.

I’ll dig into the parts system and confirm a number for the harness you’re looking for.

Coaldust and Vetech63 like this.
  5. Vetech63

Vetech63 Senior Member

6. Coaldust

Coaldust Senior Member

Cargo Tanks
    I recommend purchasing the beautiful and color coded, hard copy schematic from the dealer. It folds out nice, easy to read and is printed on heavy glossy stock.

Nige can hook you up with a pdf. You can take that to a print place and have a large poster made.

7. Nige

Nige Senior Member

Attached the electrical schematic.
    9R-6792 is the correct panel harness Part #. Cat has discontinued it but it can be ordered from Vintage Parts. See below.

upload_2021-2-27_15-0-46.png

Attached Files:

Coaldust and Vetech63 like this.
  8. TJAlbert

TJAlbert New Member

Thank you guys. With the use of the wiring diagram, a meter, some solder, some electrical tape and some wire I was able to get her back up and running. Still some wiring to work out for the lights, etc but the 4WD switch is working and she fires right up! Massive improvement. I struck out with Vintage Parts so far but hopefully I can find one in the future. I love this machine and she runs great when the mice stay away!