• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Need info on Allis Chalmers F50-24 forklift

RCRV

Occupation
Contractor
I just bought an Allis Chalmers F50-24 forklift for a spare in my shop. Probably won't use it more that 20 hours a year but I need a backup for another old one.
I would like to know what it weighs and where on the net I can find the specs for it.
Also interested in parts availability and any info on things to be concerned about on this model.
Thanks!

TD24

Occupation
RETIRED (Mostly)
Try this link to the "Unoffiical Allis Chalmers Forum" : Dens71TA http://www.allischalmers.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=38167&title=allischalmers-forklift

This post on it may help you or communication with the poster may get info from his book.

Bronze Level

Thanks(0)
Quote Reply Posted: 03 Mar 2012 at 8:34pm

Rikker, your forklift has the Buda/AC G153 engine. I have the operator and maintenance manual for my mid-1960's F40-24 forklift which looks nearly identical to your FL40-24PS.

Tune up specs are:
Spark plug gap .025
Normal Duty Gasoline Champion No. N16Y
Heavily Loaded Gasoline Champion No. UN12Y
Normal Duty LPG Champion No. N8
Heavily Loaded LPG Champion No. N6

Distributor points gap .022
There is a screw in plug at the base of the distributor that should be removed and the oil well topped off with SAE 20 engine oil every 500 hours to keep the distributor shaft bushing lubricated.

Valve pushrod clearance should be adjusted every 500 hours. .018 cold or .015 hot.

Hope this information helps. There seems to be very little information on the internet for the old Buda/AC engines.

Reactions: OFF

OFF

Occupation
HD Mechanic
I might have a manual kicking around for one of these old girls. I'll have to check the model number to be sure when I get back to work on Monday.

wood0561

The manuals I have are for a FP50-2PS. Vintage is about 1969ish
I did a google search for a FP50-2PS lubrication chart and this thread cam up! OFF... do you still have the manuals you refer to here? I'm interested.

OFF

Occupation
HD Mechanic
I did a google search for a FP50-2PS lubrication chart and this thread cam up! OFF... do you still have the manuals you refer to here? I'm interested.

I don't throw anything away, specially not manuals......so more than likely I do still still have it. I'll check on Monday. We had 2 or 3 of those machines back in the day.

wood0561

I really appreciate it! I bought a FP50-2PS about 5 years ago. I don't use it much. Maybe once a month but it sure is handy when I need it and it runs/starts great. The right side squeaked the last time I used it so last week before I found this forum, I bought a digital version of a multi-model manual. Unfortunately it doesn't have the lub chart and I'd like to get the correct grease. I opened up the right side today and those gears have seen better days. But for all I use it, cleaning it out and re-packing the gears and bearings with the correct grease should have it out-live me. If I could find good used parts they will likely cost more than what I paid for it.

OFF

Occupation
HD Mechanic
I really appreciate it! I bought a FP50-2PS about 5 years ago. I don't use it much. Maybe once a month but it sure is handy when I need it and it runs/starts great. The right side squeaked the last time I used it so last week before I found this forum, I bought a digital version of a multi-model manual. Unfortunately it doesn't have the lub chart and I'd like to get the correct grease. I opened up the right side today and those gears have seen better days. But for all I use it, cleaning it out and re-packing the gears and bearings with the correct grease should have it out-live me. If I could find good used parts they will likely cost more than what I paid for it.

Yes, I still have the manual. A parts manual and owners/service manual. I checked and it has all the lube points and oil recommendations for you. I'm looking for the cost of shipping it to you, PM me and we'll talk.

wood0561

Yes, I still have the manual. A parts manual and owners/service manual. I checked and it has all the lube points and oil recommendations for you. I'm looking for the cost of shipping it to you, PM me and we'll talk.
I was tied up until now. I’m just seeing your message on my phone and I can’t figure out how to PM you. I’ll be at my computer in the morning. Maybe it shows how.