• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Need help with my Terex TA35 off road truck

Cats4me

I've got a '99 Terex TA35 off road dumptruck. The truck goes into 1st, 3rd & 5th with no problems at all (reverse is fine also). When I try second gear and fourth gear the truck does nothing. I originally thought it was a solenoid gone bad but after replacing it there was no change. I live on the east coast so Terex mechanics are no easy to find. Any advice would be helpful

Huntoon

Occupation
Sales Engineer. I design OEM tracked undercarriage
this may sound silly but check if there's a broken plastic disk under the shifter. I had the same problem on my pickup truck and I thought I needed a new transmission but it was a ten dollar part

dirtfan

Check with a Terex service man. We had a TA 30 that we thought, that the tranny was completely gone,(wouldn't shift correctly, similar to yours). After checking the pressure, which was OK, we discovered, from a service tech, that there was a computer program that allowed the transmission computer to calibrate the clutch discs automatically. After running the program it performed like it was supposed to. Its' been a few years, but I think that happened to a 1995 model TA 30, just a thought................

Dirtfan

GODSDOZER

Occupation
Dirt Contractor
AEB starter is what you need to calibrate the transmission. cost about 200 bucks

Bigbert

Occupation
Consulting Engineer
Hello Cats4me,

frankly speaking I'm afraid K4 clutch is gone in your transmission.
But please check before pulling out tranny.
Are there any fault codes on t/m display in cab? Like "BA" or "B4"?
Exchange filter of t/m, how does oil look like or smell?
Clutch calibration device (AEB starter how ZF calls the box) is recommended. A Deere, CNH, JCB, Doosan or Hyundai etc. dealer should be able to assist.
check pressure of K4 clutch in 2nd, 4th, 6th gear. Should be above 15 bar @ 1500 rpm.
Good luck.

tool_king

Occupation
road mechanic owner
I've got a '99 Terex TA35 off road dumptruck. The truck goes into 1st, 3rd & 5th with no problems at all (reverse is fine also). When I try second gear and fourth gear the truck does nothing. I originally thought it was a solenoid gone bad but after replacing it there was no change. I live on the east coast so Terex mechanics are no easy to find. Any advice would be helpful
Shoot me a email at tool_king@hotmail.com tilted Terex TA 35 and will send you what I have on it .