• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Need help with bobcat T190 turning off after about 20 minutes.

Cronos

Hi, I'm having a problem with a friend's 07 Bobcat T190 runs good for about 20 minutes then engine shuts off as well as all lights on the clusters almost like if the key was shut off it makes a beep then cluster comes back on no codes, without doing anything the engine will start again some times run for 2 or 3 minutes and shut off or run for about 20 minutes and repeat everything again. Would really appreciate if someone can lead me in the right direction with this problem thanks.

seville009

it’s shutting off, and then restarting minutes later all by itself?

If so, look at the starter wiring - must be loose or shorting out or something weird to do that on its own.

if it is, would be wise to disconnect the battery when you’re not using it until you get it fixed.

Cronos

Sorry I did not word that properly what I meant to say is that I can turn it on my self by turning the key without a need to prime the fuel system or a doing anything to help it start.

The issue im having is that it will turn off on its own without any warning.

Once that happens I can turn the key and it will start again, but sometime turn it self back off within a minute or 2 or some times run for about 20 minutes before turning off again.

My guess is that the problem is electrical but have not been able to find signs of something obviously wrong.

If someone has a I idea or has seen a similar problem please let me know thank you.

seville009

when it shuts off by itself, is it a quick clean shut off like you turned the key, or does the engine sputter and cough and slowly die?

Cronos

when it shuts off by itself, is it a quick clean shut off like you turned the key, or does the engine sputter and cough and slowly die?

Its a clean shut off like you said, just like turning the key. Even the gages and all lights in the instrument clusters will go for a few seconds then it will make a beep noise and lights are back. There is no hesitation from the engine no sign of when its going to turn off.

It happens at full throttle or at idle. Just like if someone turn the key.

Cronos

Thank you really appreciate that link, I read all of it but it doesn't seem like they got to the problem in the end. I have tried alot of there suggestions on the machine in the last few days but still no luck.

I have thought that the fuel solenoid was the problem but since in my case the problem hapens as if the key was turned off all power goes out so it seems like something is cutting all power.

Does anyone now where I can get a wiering diagram for 07 T190? I have been looking but havent been able to find one.