• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

need help with a genie gs-1930 scissor lift

papabear8910

i did some more digging on the lift and i found the really is bad and the wires were really corroded and the relay was bad so it wasn't making a good contact and the terminals were loose as well thanks for all your help moonlite and the till sensor was bad too from working too hard from the corrosion on the relay so it got all messed up. also too some that are loking for the location for the relay it is located above the pump next to were the hydralic tank sits

jw3

Occupation
Plumber
Since this appears to be the place for help with these durn things, I have a 1930 that keeps throwing a 18 code. This shows to be the pothole guard error. I checked The switches on each pothole guard are making and breaking with a multimeter The weird thing is that when using the lower controls it doesn't throw the code. Only when using the upper control box does it kick an alarm and code. My ss#is GS3007A-80197. Anyone have any thoughts. Thanks for looking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jw3

Occupation
Plumber
Never mind. One of the pothole guard switches was indexed improperly. Used it all day today at the shop, never sounded off. Thank the good lord, that alarm is annoying as hell. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Robertv2655

Hello All, I have a Genie 1930 Scissor that is not lifting and showing no codes. Hydraulics working fine on the wheels (turning); so it's not the pump. Electric wheel drive is good for moving around. Flooring is flat smooth slab.
When I activate lift the pump runs and there is a few inches of lift only, then it stops lifting and it sounds like the pump is loading up. I don't see fluid circulating back to the reservoir either. Any Ideas?
Genie 1930 SN 26758

Moonlite

Hello All, I have a Genie 1930 Scissor that is not lifting and showing no codes. Hydraulics working fine on the wheels (turning); so it's not the pump. Electric wheel drive is good for moving around. Flooring is flat smooth slab.
When I activate lift the pump runs and there is a few inches of lift only, then it stops lifting and it sounds like the pump is loading up. I don't see fluid circulating back to the reservoir either. Any Ideas?
Genie 1930 SN 26758
Does it not lift from the ground controls and platform controls ?

Robertv2655

Both ground and platform controls have the same effect; pump activates and lifts platform a few inches, after which the pump sounds like it's loading up. To me the fluid path is blocked somewhere

Robertv2655

I hope so. Broken wire sounds easy. Now to figure out where a lift coil is. Is that on the hydraulic function manifold or on the lift cylinder itself?

Robertv2655

Update of sorts. Confirmed pump is operational by disconnecting output (to manifold) and running straight into reservoir.
With hydraulics connected I also disconnected + wire from Lift Circuit Solenoid (on Manifold) and activated ground lift. Pump cycled freely with flow. When I reconnect + wire the pump loads up. When it loads up I can see the strain/distortion (indicates loading up to me) on the hydraulic pump output, manifold output (to cyl), and cylinder input lines (the one going up the cylinder... same a manifold output?). To me the problem is up by the cylinder input/output under the platform. just a guess.
I am wondering if I'll have to remove the platform to get to whatever is causing the problem. Is that where the lift coil is?

Moonlite

IMG_0282.jpg
Update of sorts. Confirmed pump is operational by disconnecting output (to manifold) and running straight into reservoir.
With hydraulics connected I also disconnected + wire from Lift Circuit Solenoid (on Manifold) and activated ground lift. Pump cycled freely with flow. When I reconnect + wire the pump loads up. When it loads up I can see the strain/distortion (indicates loading up to me) on the hydraulic pump output, manifold output (to cyl), and cylinder input lines (the one going up the cylinder... same a manifold output?). To me the problem is up by the cylinder input/output under the platform. just a guess.
I am wondering if I'll have to remove the platform to get to whatever is causing the problem. Is that where the lift coil is?

Moonlite

H is the valve for the lift circuit. Did you check the flow for the lift cylinder? Be careful doing that. Really need to test pressures with a gauge. Hydraulic fluid will hurt you.

Robertv2655

Thank you for the info. I'm getting close.
I don't know how to check flow and don't have a pressure tester.
I removed the lift circuit valve and cleaned it out. Then tested lift with no real improvement. I discovered that if I disconnect the + wire from the H coil and touch it momentarily to the H coil + terminal while the pump is running and base "lift" switch is activated, that the platform lifts a few inches. If I do that repeatedly I can raise the platform. I did this until I could set the safety brace in place to prevent lowering (8ft?).
So now I understand that the lift cylinder only has one hydraulic line (I had thought a separate return line....no). I am wondering how air gets out of the system. Is it simply that I need to bleed the cylinder?
I can also get to the lift cylinder valve to clean if that is a possible cause.

RjMaan

That's a unique issue you have told. I think it is some kind of circuit or wiring issue.

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
It could be a problem with the main lift relief valve. The lift circuit on pretty much any scissor lift requires the most pressure on the lift circuit when the deck is fully down, once it gets up a foot or two the pressure required to lift decreases a bit, but it takes all the guts to get it off the ground. If the relief valve is faulty, has failed o-rings, or is adjusted a bit too low you'll have a problem getting it to lift. Just something to verify

TommyJLG

Hi guys, just purchased a 2013 GS 1930 with busted computer board in the control box. Anyone know where to get a new board? Or, better to buy new/used control box? Thank you.

John Canfield

Occupation
Ranching
There's Genie parts available online, I bought a tilt sensor with no problem. I forgot where, do a search. Get your serial number and download your manual, they have parts breakdown. Or check with a Genie dealer - that might be the fastest way.

tyler burr

i have a genie 1930. its coding LL. ive done every test I could find on the internet. its not getting 24v to level sensor. there is continuity on both the red wire and the white wire. I followed the power all the way to the ecu but it doesn't seem to becoming out. luckly I have another 1930 at the shop so ive swapped both the sensor and the ecu and same code. one of the test I performed showed the ecu should be bad with the readings and finding I was able to get out of it so was about to order a new one but for shits and giggles I hooked the ecu I thought was bad to the other machine and it worked perfectly. ive been through the machine multiple times checking wires, plugs, relays. you name it ive checked it butstill cant get it to do anything but throw that code. has anyone else had this problem and/or does anyone have any idea they could point me it so I can get this thing fixed? other then a bucket of gas and a mactch because that's bout to be my next move