• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

need help with a genie gs-1930 scissor lift

choproxy

Lift has good charged batteries
There are no diagnostic codes or nor are the two led bars viewable in the diagnostics window
There is a red error light on the console and the green led light for forward reverse operation is lit
But that is it, no movement no other leds, nothing operates or changes the leds. Except both safety shut offs and the key will turn the two leds off

The main fuse is good, the 7a circuit breaker is not tripped. There is 25v at the B+ of the motor controller

It was working a couple of weeks ago. HELP

There

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Welcome to HEF choproxy. :drinkup

I don't know what your problem is as I've never seen this before, but I have to ask if the result is the same if you select operation from both ground and platform controls? To not see the two LED bars in the ECU code window (LED bars indicate all is well), and likewise to not see any fault codes in the ECU code window, curious indeed.

choproxy

Yes you are right the ECU isn't getting the 24v. But there is 24v past the 7a circuit breaker and at the motor controller
And it doesn't work on ground control either.

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Well, it's time to do some electrical testing. Power leaves 7 amp breaker and goes to the E stop at lower controls, through E stop to ground/platform select switch. Red wire leaves select switch (in either grd or platform position) and sends power to platform control E stop. With platform E stop pulled out (on) it sends power out, down the cable to the lower and sends power to both CR48 power relay and pin A4 at ECU connector. This is one of the circuits I would check. Also check all the ground (earth) connections and check closely the power cable that runs along the scissor frame from upper to lower, look for places the cable has been snagged, and the stretchy cord that goes from platform to platform control box can be problematic, I've replaced a number of them, just gotta start testing the circuits because it sounds like either the ECU isn't getting power or the ECU is faulty.

choproxy

Thanks for the reply sorry for the delay, im back on it now
Where are you finding your schematic, the one I download doesn't mention CR48 power relay and it shows the ECm connection A4 coming from the emergency stop from the joystick

Although the diagnostic led is unlit (no bars) I know im getting power past the key switch becuase turning the key off and on turns the emrgency fualt LEd off and on.

Im sure I have the wrong schematic , the frame has 54363 stamped on the right front above the drive motor. I think it is a 2004 model

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Ok, serial #54363, I was using the wrong diagram myself. Download service manual #72876 from the Genie website. The electrical diagrams are near the end of the manual, scroll through the diagrams to the one that covers s/n 54000 - 59999.

That diagram has some goofy looking master key switch that doesn't even show the connections inside of it. Best I can interpret the key switch shown, B and B1 is power from battery, 3 is lower controls selected, 1 is upper controls selected, 2 and 4 has power when either (lower or upper) control is selected, but I'm certainly not sure about that, you would have to confirm.

Genie GS1930 key switch.png

But if I'm reading it correctly, it still shows power going to the upper E stop on wire 76F, then 78F, through E stop, then back to ground on wire 77F to power up CR48 control relay as well as send power signal to A4 on ECM.

choproxy

Thanks I now have the correct schematic this is much better
Looking at it my conclusion is CR48 has a bad cable, ground connection or the relay is bad
24v is going to the platform emergency switch (i press is and the trouble red led goes off and on). Next stop is CR48
But im not hearing a relay click
Is CR48 the relay in the contoel box with the ECM module in the battery compartment?

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Not sure where CR48 is located as I don't have access to a GS scissor. But I can say this, the terminals on the diagram for that relay are noted as 85, 86, 30, and 87. That describes a typical Bosch "cube" relay.

Bosch cube relay.gif

choproxy

Found the little devil it is in the ecm compartment
Has a good ground but no 24v on the other side. Jump it to battery plus, relay clicks. ECM led bars light up with no errors
Now I can select forward/reverse or up/down on the platform controls. But I still have an error light and no movment
I think the switch has gone bad. It sends 24v to the relay but also 24v to A11 of the ecm
So now ECM is getting power but not the key switch input, hence the error led and no movment
It is dark and the lift is outside. Will take the keyswitch box apart in the morning and investigate. I think you have got me going in the right direction. Will post results in the morning
Thanks again for the help. The right schematic did the trick

AirBornOne

choproxy,
Sorry I didn't respond sooner-maybe you have things sorted by now.
Our little 3000# GS at work does that once in awhile-IIRC its the level sensor(s).
In our case we we're in some slight depressions,dips in the floor that prevented the *sensor bars from sitting level.(I know there's a better name for these.They mount @ the bottom frame between the wheels,for'n aft,and are suspended by a spring/pin pair at each end.Ans somewhere is a switch or two.)
Make sure your Genie is level and/or clear of debris.Otherwise the one of these safety switches would be worth looking at.
HTH
J

choproxy

I did sort it out and I appreciate all the help
The problem was a bad connection from the 24v coming from the emergency shut off at the platform console down to relay cr48.
That relay provides 24v dc to the ecm. The relay is inside the ECm compartment
I temporarily hot wired directly from battery plus to the relay. ECM is on and everything works
The coiled cable that connects from the platform console to the wire loom that feed down the scissor mechanism looks awful, cracked and perished. I will replace that first. If that doesn't fix it then i will replace the loom on the scissor mechanism.
Thanks again for all the help. The key was identifying the correct wiring diagram (thanks Wille59). I realizing my lift has relay cr48

mecnx

looking for some diagnostic help on a genie scissor lift with a LL code . Level sensor seems to be ok . Bubble is in the center position . All wiring appears to be plugged in and making contact . Lift goes up a few feet then the alarm goes off and stop moving. Looking for a direction.

papabear8910

hello everybody i am having a problem with code ll but my lift doesn't move at all and the botton for the lift to go up is blinking in sciquence with the code ll any help out their please

Moonlite

hello everybody i am having a problem with code ll but my lift doesn't move at all and the botton for the lift to go up is blinking in sciquence with the code ll any help out their please

If you mean code 02. Check the harness coming out of the upper control box. Broke wire is common.

Just making sure. This is also a genie lift?

Moonlite

Not necessarily. Can you get the lift to raise enough to see the level sensor? Make sure something didn't get jammed under it. See if wire is broke. What is the serial number to your machine?