• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Need help on quote for house demo.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
do like i do set it on fire and say the house caught fire while being demolished thats what i've done a few times

Fireman - I like your style!:thumbsup It's always easier to ask forgiveness than permission.:D

(This is purely in jest - ahhh the good ol' days)

Last edited:

fireman050

Occupation
construction & volunteer firefighter
Speaking of sketchy.....

what if we did not do it the drug dealers and crackheads would its better for us to do it than someone else that is not trained to do it they could either damage other property or or hurt or kill themselves or someone else

nedly05

what if we did not do it the drug dealers and crackheads would its better for us to do it than someone else that is not trained to do it they could either damage other property or or hurt or kill themselves or someone else

I understand what you're saying about the crackheads and drug dealers. However there are not as many of that brand of people here, so it's pretty likely that if the place caught on fire while we were tearing it down that we would be investigated pretty hard, and I don't think it would look good on an assistant fire chief to get charged with arson of a building that I was getting paid to demolish.

kamerad47

most Co's have a 4 or 5 ton limit on there 30yd containers. you pay extra per ton if you over.

nedly05

I called one of the far away dumps today, they are about 20 extra miles, but they are only $74.55/ ton as opposed to $130:eek: I think it's worth the travel.

Wolf

so did you win the bid? when do you find out? when do you get to start the demo?

nedly05

I guess we have the job if we want it. There is no hurry as long as it's gone by next summer, so if we take it we will probably wait until later in the fall.Thanks for all the help, you guys are the best!:notworthy

Wolf

Why not do it sooner rather than later. Don't let the job slip away. Anything can happen, so why not get out there are wreck it before someone else does?

rino1494

I am going to be doing a demo job within the next few weeks. It is a old diner that someone bought and wants it torn down to put up a new building. The 40yd cans are $600 for 4 tons and then $66 for every ton over the 4 ton limit. I think they said that 11 ton is about the max per can. The concrete and block I can take to our shop and dump it over the bank.

Wolf

I am going to be doing a demo job within the next few weeks. It is a old diner that someone bought and wants it torn down to put up a new building.

Take some pictures of that diner demo, Rino. Is it one of those old fashioned silver ones? Might be valuable enough to sell rather than demo it. How old do you think it is? Does it have any juke boxes at the table? Those are pretty valuable now.

rabbit16

Wow 130 a ton. My dad and I took the old flat roof off his shop to replace it with a pitched one and the total amount that the land fill charged us for the stuff was about 200 dollars and we had atleast 5 ton in the dumpster, but you also have to take into account that the guy we got the dumpster from was one of my dads old customers and he owns the transfer station that all of the stuff went to so we may have gotten a deal because of all the bulk business that he does with the land fill and recyclers.

tuney443

Occupation
excavating contractor
Demos are my favorite job.Job I just finished I got $1K from all the metals that I never put in the dumpsters.Under the slab were 2 mummified ground hogs.Love making toothpicks,but I had a tiff with my carting company regarding water.Seems the last 20 yd. dumpster got taken to the burn plant about 5 days after I loaded it.Well,it rained steady for about 2.5 days,they had the weight down on my bill for the overage--about 3 tons.I did some calculating on how much water came into that box--they took off 2 tons which is what I figured.

mikef87

Occupation
owner/operator/mechanic/laborer/truck driver
Demos are my favorite job.Job I just finished I got $1K from all the metals that I never put in the dumpsters.Under the slab were 2 mummified ground hogs.Love making toothpicks,but I had a tiff with my carting company regarding water.Seems the last 20 yd. dumpster got taken to the burn plant about 5 days after I loaded it.Well,it rained steady for about 2.5 days,they had the weight down on my bill for the overage--about 3 tons.I did some calculating on how much water came into that box--they took off 2 tons which is what I figured.

That's a valuable reason of why you need to pay attention in math.