• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Need Help Guys on Hitachi EX120...

MoRaptor

I have a buddy that has a Hitachi EX120. It was running great last week when he parked it, went out the next morning, started up running great but for some reason it has no hydraulics at all. When you engage the hydraulics it does nothing, no hydraulic movement anywhere. I have not even gone out to look at the machine and I dont have a book for it yet. So if I do go out and look at it I wouldnt really know where to start. Im really just looking for some ideas on where to start and if this has happened to anyone else. Glad I found this forum and thanks all.

tool_king

Occupation
road mechanic owner
Crazy question but has he check his lever lock.Sounds like your lever lock switch is not working or stuck .It is under left side joy stick control pod. What dash number is his machine?
THANKS
ED

MoRaptor

Not sure Ed. Im just going by what he has told me. I am going to get out to the machine some time this week so I will know better what im looking at. I will ask him about the lever lock switch. Thanks Ed.

tool_king

Occupation
road mechanic owner
Do you know what dash 120 he has .I have operation ,parts ,and service for these machines in pdf format can send you a copy.

MoRaptor

I am not sure Ed I will ask him tomorrow and get back with ya. I will also try to get the serial #. Thanks Ed I appreciate it. PDF would definitely come in handy.

shopguy

Hello guys, thanks again toolking for helping me out last summer,maybe we can get you working Mo.

tool_king

Occupation
road mechanic owner
shopguy you are very welcome .How did you make out with your machine? Wow has been a year already ?Time flies when you are working on heavy iron. I still have you number.Feel free to to call me if you need any help on anything you are working on.

shopguy

Same here. its working great now, angle sensor & engine fan was installed wrong way.

tool_king

Occupation
road mechanic owner
That is awsome that you got it up and running.How did you figure it out?

MoRaptor

Ok all sorry I have had a very busy week but I did get some more info. It is a -2 And the serial # is 12N34372. I did get a chance to go out and check out the machine yesterday. I checked the 3 PVC fuses and they were all good. The owner was not there so I did not get a chance to do much other then kinda look around and try to familiarize myself with the machine a little bit. But same ole symptoms No Hydraulics at all. Thanks all.

MoRaptor

K all sorry its been so long been very busy. We figured out the it was the Hydraulic Coupler. Now we need a part # for the coupler. He did order one but wanted me to get on here and make sure he ordered the correct one. Any help would be great. Thanks All...

farmboss

Hey i have the exact same problem on my 120-2, just took off the Pilot pump thats mounted in tandem on the main pump and the spines are not turning when the engine is running. Whats the part number that you have for the coupler? and where does one find one?? thanks in advance!

-Peter

Kvwranch

I am not sure Ed I will ask him tomorrow and get back with ya. I will also try to get the serial #. Thanks Ed I appreciate it. PDF would definitely come in handy.

I have a 120-2 and looking for parts and manuals but having no luck do you think you could help?

MoRaptor

Well I would like to help you out but the guy that owned the 120-2 passed away and im not sure if he ever got it fixed.

Cat_man320

Not sure how the Hitachi are configured with respect to the safety lock out . If its a manual lever , it goes down to a small valve body usually under the floor plate . It can be accessed through the plates under the cab . I'm guessing one of the little tie rod ends that run from the lever in the cab to the lock out valve is rusted off or broken .
If the lock out lever in the cab is electric , then maybe the switch is faulty or gone out off adjustment or the solenoid that operates the hydraulic valve is not working .
Its just a guess on my part though . I had the same trouble with three of my Cat diggers .