• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Need Help Grove 600E

rjc5510

We have 3 of these cranes on site. 1 of them will occasionally go haywire. Out of nowhere it will stop function, throttle up, all of the dash lights will blink, throttle up again, and then the LMI screen will shut off and restart. The crane just recently started doing this. Anyone ever had this issue? We’ve had a mechanic come out and he couldn’t diagnose the problem.

rjc5510

yes it was midswing on the times it did it to me for sure. The other op said it happened to him as well, but he couldn’t remember if it was mid swing or not.

rjc5510

the mechanic came out yesterday. we ran it for an hour straight and it never happened. They want me to start using it again, but the last time it did it to me i had a $500k part in the air. Not really fond of dealing with that again. lol.

CraneMechanic73

I’d open the collector ring and inspect the slip rings for corrosion. You could be losing power or ground intermittently when you swing. If you happen to get to that point and find the slip rings are blackish. Grab a can of deoxit Gold G5 to clean slip rings. Guitar Center usually has it. I won’t use anything but deoxit on slip rings, it works great.

CraneMechanic73

I told a guy the other day. To go to guitar center for some deoxit to fix the crane. He gave me the strangest look lol.