• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Need help from demo guys

Willis Bushogin

Occupation
owner
demo

5 to 7 what? Thousand I'd hope? I plan on using our Deere 120 with a thumb. It hasn't been occupied for ever, so there are no utilities other then electric still run to it. I'm trying to work a deal with the timbers as we speak. There is no insulation at all. The owners pretty much took care of everything as far as gutting the inside. They basically left the structure and want it removed. Thanks for the reply's guys. I'll get some pics when I get back to the site.

As stated, make sure all your permits are in hand, even if its a 100 years old, in our area, we still need a demo permit, stating no asbestos. Its usually done by the local state permit office.
What I have done several times, to save money, is to get the local fire dept, to burn it down, as a training exercise. They seem to get permits, to burn when no one else can.
Do your math, lots of good info here, my first demo job, I lost $1800, those concrete slabs and footers are heavy.
Look around, lots of people that has holes,ponds, etc they want filled. Check with farmers they always have a place to dump. This isnt legal to dump house debris, but its OK to dump concrete/brick if it doenst have contaminated paint on it
On a normal size house, we get around $6000, we used to get $8-9000, but the economy is crap now.
We dont take, no more stuff to the landfill than we have to, it does take time to separate stuff, but its worth it. Burning is best, with a permit. I usually donate $500-$1000 to the fire dept and they are glad to do it. If its in the city, they should do it free.

Good Luck

Wolf

Pictures

Got any pictures of these cool demo jobs you are writing about? Put em up. Love to see the pictures. What is the status of these jobs?