• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Need help finding JLG 40F guru!

sawzall5150

Occupation
Seld employed welder, fabricator,millwright,piping
Hi guys. So my last post had 64 views but no replies. I have broke the chains that extend the fly boom on my manlift and I REALLY need to find someone who has experience with pulling the boom apart. I have decided that I can replace the chains and wear pads just by pulling the fly boom, a little tricky but can be accomplished. Problem is getting the fly boom out. From the diagram from the service/maintenance manual [pretty vague] It appears that the fly boom is in no way attached to the mid boom. We have pulled every bolt, shim, etc that we can find. With the boom level and supporting under the fly boom with a forklift we pulled the fly boom within a foot or so of coming out and it got stuck and wont go any farther nor will it go back in. That's using a 75 HP tractor and loader to do the pushing and pulling. I can't see anything holding it from coming out. Could it possibly be 27 years of junk buildup causing it to wedge or am I missing something? Really need some ideas, help or a contact person here. Thank's.

excavator

There's a thread on here called "The JLG 40F Boom Dilemma" that's now at 75 pages long. Lots of info in there and lot of people watching it. If you post your question there it might get a quicker response.