• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Need Heat in my Payloader

KMSEXC

Hey Fellows , my Heat in My Loader is not to warm Any alternitive Heat for my cab To keep the operators warm Thanks

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
You haven't stated what kind of loader you have. Many older wheel loaders have shut off valves on the engine that the heater hoses connect to.

You might try there first.

KMSEXC

You haven't stated what kind of loader you have. Many older wheel loaders have shut off valves on the engine that the heater hoses connect to.

You might try there first.

Komatsu 320 1997 Cummings Motor, Cant seem to get good heat from motor to cab looking for alternative

mikef87

Occupation
owner/operator/mechanic/laborer/truck driver
You can get a propape heater like in cranes, they are expensive though like $ 2,000. Or a diesel heater which is less money. I'll see if I can get the information for you.

KMSEXC

You can get a propape heater like in cranes, they are expensive though like $ 2,000. Or a diesel heater which is less money. I'll see if I can get the information for you.

Need to be compact

will_gurt

Charter Member
Occupation
operator in extended holding pattern
How sealed is the cab enclosure? Holes, rust,etc? Feel the hoses and see if any are hot or at least warm. If there is a great amount of difference ,like it was mentioned in a post above, make sure a shut off valve(s) aren't closed. If they are confirmed to be in the opened position, the heater core is more than likely clogged. Does the heater have a working fan?

Another thing is the engine reaching the set operating temperature (stuck open thermostat will cause no heat)?

As a last resort I had a mr buddy 4K-9K BTU propane heater I used in a really rusted out cab of a grove crane I used to run. I would advise against using that type of unit in a full enclosed cab without proper ventilation for the exhaust. Carbon monoxcide poisioning could be possible. If this payloader has a good charging /battery system there are electrical heaters that could do the job out there. I do not mean the cheap disposible models either.

Last edited:

zlssefi

heat

I have a 74 international hough h-90E, when i purchased my snowplowing company from two italian brothers i was told " Everything works great". Once i talked to the operators of the machine i found that the heat worked just enough to keep ice off the INSIDES of the windows. I tried insulating the heater hoses, there were no shut offs on the engine. Nothing seemed to be working, then i reached down and noticed that the hoses were hot, but the core was ice cold. I removed the core took it to a radiator shop had it boiled and pressure tested, 30 bucks and an hour later we had heat that would run you out....thats one good place to check!

KMSEXC

I have a 74 international hough h-90E, when i purchased my snowplowing company from two italian brothers i was told " Everything works great". Once i talked to the operators of the machine i found that the heat worked just enough to keep ice off the INSIDES of the windows. I tried insulating the heater hoses, there were no shut offs on the engine. Nothing seemed to be working, then i reached down and noticed that the hoses were hot, but the core was ice cold. I removed the core took it to a radiator shop had it boiled and pressure tested, 30 bucks and an hour later we had heat that would run you out....thats one good place to check!

AAA HAA I think you guys solved it Thankyou Thankyou