• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Need 955l moved any recommendations

RWGARLAND

The track loader is located in Huntley IL. I need it shipped to farmington, mo.
Approx 6.5 hour trip.
If you know anyone that could pickup and transport. Would be great

Thanks

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
First I would check with the local excavator operations/rock suppliers in your area, most of these guys have the equipment and will charge a loaded per mile rate. That is what I did for moving my Allis three years ago. A second choice would be a tractor sales company, they too will have equipment to haul this, pick one local to yourself as the costs from a outside area source may not take your local check or have variables as to payment options.

Was that the unit on Craigslist with the 4/1?

RWGARLAND

First I would check with the local excavator operations/rock suppliers in your area, most of these guys have the equipment and will charge a loaded per mile rate. That is what I did for moving my Allis three years ago. A second choice would be a tractor sales company, they too will have equipment to haul this, pick one local to yourself as the costs from a outside area source may not take your local check or have variables as to payment options.

Was that the unit on Craigslist with the 4/1?

It was on Craig's list but it has a regular bucket . Thanks for the reply

1466IH

Did you see the 951c IH tandem and trailer in Rolla. I brought it home last weekend and came home through Farmington I could have dropped it off for ya lol. I may be able to haul it for you next weekend if I have my truck and trailer back together by then I will send a pm with my number if you want to give me a call

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

AllDodge

If you don't mind me asking what did you pay for it. I bought my 955L several years ago for 10K, put another 3 to 4K in it and getting close to selling it.

Edit: BTW you will need a low boy to haul it, but you probably know that

RWGARLAND

If you don't mind me asking what did you pay for it. I bought my 955L several years ago for 10K, put another 3 to 4K in it and getting close to selling it.

Edit: BTW you will need a low boy to haul it, but you probably know that

8500.00 was the price we paid. Had to wheel and deal alittle. He originally listed it for 10500. The under carriage was redone hours on the machine was approx 4000?

Last edited:

AllDodge

8500.00 was the price we paid. Had to wheel and deal alittle. He originally listed it for 10500. The under carriage was redone hours on the machine was approx 4000?

Thanks, I paid 10K for mine years ago and have put several K in since. Plan to sell it maybe this year and plan to get 10K back, figure break even sort of that way

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
I paid scrap price for two Allis crawlers, will end up with one working unit but with a few spares that are hard to locate. After all is said and done I will have saved myself the money it would have cost to have a excavator come to my site, do the projects on their time line that I want done not to mine and to their schedule of quality not necessarily of mine. I have time, the prowess of being a old mechanic with tools to do the work so repairing a machine is only parts and my time, the time of use and the project schedule I decide upon are strictly mine and the final quality choice also mine.

If I break even after I am done with the machine and sell it off I have at least learned another trade skill, saved a few dollars and managed to stay busy for my old age while having some fun doing so.

Enjoy the new to you 955L, should be a lot of fun!!